Manager, Integrated Communications (Creator, Social, Community, PR)
Location: Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Requisition Number: 169762
Position Title: Community Engagement Specialist
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We thrive on passion, teamwork and pioneering. It’s the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
The Integrated Communications Manager is a highly visible and crucial communications role that connects EA and its brands with players in local markets through daily engagement. As part of the International Integrated Communications Team you will leverage deep game expertise with strong creator relationships and a great understanding of the social media space, to deepen overall player engagement and sentiment for EA franchises inside a specific territory or market.
You will report directly to the International Creator / Social Manager (Lead) and will collaborate with cross-functional teams around the business. You will ensure that strategies are properly implemented and effectively managed in-market and provide a consistent, high quality and cohesive user experience inside and outside of our games.
- Be the strategic expert for community best practices, programs, and policies and see them implemented in-market.
- Form strong bonds with creators and key specialist press in your market and maintain healthy relationships.
- Develop and execute local creator and social media strategy and campaigns for the territory.
- Analyse sentiment of players and provide reporting with actionable feedback to local brand teams
- Be the voice of the local community, maintain an open dialogue between influencers, players, and various teams inside EA ensuring your community is well represented.
- Activate global plans at a local level leveraging your local insight and experience
- Oversee local PR/social/influence agency when applicable
- Oversee local Live Streams, AMAs, online and in-person events across in partnership with the wider Community and the Integrated Comms teams
- Develop local anchor platforms which the community can rally around
- Ensure all Electronic Arts standards, policies, and processes are observed and followed.
- Coordinate and share with other EA Community Managers your engagement best practices, standards, and innovations highlighting your personal successes and learnings
- Support an always-on approach to flagging game issues or service risks to the Lead Community Managers for each title and WWCE when applicable
- Assist with communications around game and live service issues: Bugs, Challenges, Outages, Support Issues
- Partner with Customer Support, QA, Live Service teams on the overall player experience and health of the business
- Maintain a positive reputation at work and within the community
- Dedicate time to playing the games you represent
Experience and Skills
- Passion and experience playing EA titles and games from other publishers
- Demonstrable experience working in online communities, social media, journalism, online marketing, content creation or equivalent
- Demonstrated writing, grammar, and content-creation skills
- Clear knowledge of best practices for operating social channels
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to present new ideas effectively
- A dedicated, self-motivated, detail-oriented team player who is quality driven
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Able to focus on multiple tasks and effectively set priorities among projects
- Ability to objectively interpret customer/community feedback and make actionable recommendations
- Solid understanding of Live Service operations and Development
- Bachelor Degree (or similar) in Communications or Marketing a plus, but not essential
Take your career to the next level – apply today!
Please apply with a cover letter and CV in English.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Integrated Communications (Creator, Social, Community, PR)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-04 17:36:33.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.