Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169741
Position Title: Game Designer I
We are looking for a Lead Gameplay Designer to join our mobile game team.
Our sports mobile teams are founded on inclusivity, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada, Romania and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
You will report to the Creative Director and work with partners and team leadership to build compelling, fun gameplay for a new title in development.
Open to remote work in most Canadian & US Locations
Who you are:
- You love iterating on gameplay, mechanics, and game feel to create fun experiences
- You can interpret feedback from different sources to help shape the best designs
- You enjoy the challenge of designing for a target audience using player profiles and personas to guide design decisions
- You are hands-on in software building and tuning the experience to get it just right
- Work with a cross disciplinary team to build gameplay by prioritizing what needs to get done, identifying gaps, and translating designs into development requirements
- Partner with the Creative Director on designing and executing gameplay systems that support the project's goals, especially regarding approachability and meaningful progression
- Work with Product Managers to ensure gameplay systems support progression and monetization needs
- Partner with User Experience designers and Product Managers on a user testing strategy that validates gameplay is high-quality and compelling
- Tune and refine mechanics, controls, cameras, and feedback mechanisms to make the best possible experience
- Build gameplay content and mentor other designers in best practices for designing compelling content
- Provide feedback on and contribute to designs for other game areas
- 5+ years in gameplay design with 2+ shipped titles, at least one on mobile
- Experience rapidly prototyping gameplay mechanics using a variety of tools
- Experience with gameplay mechanics, progression systems, and tuning combine to create a successful mobile game
- Knowledge and fandom of football / soccer
- Experience with Unity is preferable
Community / Marketing Title: Gameplay Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. ist ein weltweit führender Anbieter interaktiver Unterhaltungssoftware. EA bietet Spiele, Inhalte und Online-Dienste für internetfähige Spielkonsolen, Personalcomputer, Mobiltelefone und Tablets an.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-04 22:38:05.157
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA engagiert sich für Chancengleichheit und Gleichstellung. Alle Personalentscheidungen werden unabhängig von Ethnie, Hautfarbe, Herkunft, Abstammung, Geschlecht, Geschlechtsidentität oder ausgelebtem Geschlecht, sexueller Orientierung, Alter, genetischer Information, Religion, Behinderung, Krankheit, Schwangerschaft, Familienstand oder Veteranenstatus getroffen. EA sorgt außerdem für die durch geltendes Gesetz vorgeschriebenen Anpassungen am Arbeitsplatz für Individuen mit anerkannten Behinderungen.