Experience Design Director (UX)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169729
Position Title: Director, Experience Design
Experience Design Director (UX)
Location: Onsite in Vancouver BC | Remote work available in most Canadian & US locations
We are looking for an Experience Design Director, focused on UX, to join our team.
Our sports mobile teams are founded on inclusivity, innovation, and creativity with a mission to bring immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices to millions of gamers around the world. With teams located in Canada, Bucharest and the United States, we are powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
You will report to the Senior Art Director and work directly with leadership and our teams to establish the Experience Design vision for our suite of games.
We are considering on-site and hybrid working options, and welcome full-time remote candidates who are within a three hour time difference to the Pacific Time Zone to apply.
Who you are:
- You love making games and enhancing the player experience
- You can find balanced solutions to complex player, business and technical challenges rooted in player data and research
- You can promote and oversee UX and UI guidelines, design principles and best practices such as heuristic evaluations/usability standards, archetype development, experience journey maps, prototyping and user testing
- You provide leadership in a collaborative and inclusive work environment and excel at career management
- Support the Creative Director and Game Director's vision, by providing an interactive point-of-view
- You will be a career manager, and develop and mentor UX and UI designers
- Build an understanding of players and current products to develop a holistic view, and guide design strategy
- Own experience journey mapping by player lifecycle and archetype
- Lead and build a UX team to create UX design processes and help define the culture of UX
- Build relationships to set design priorities and find balanced solutions for player, business and technical goals
- Guide user research studies and the implementation of Indicators to measure performance data and validate solutions
- Experience in leading small to medium sized mobile game teams
- A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and experiences in the field of user experience
- 8+ years of user centred design experience and 3+ years of hiring, managing, and mentoring multiple designers
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, design thinking, customer journey mapping and knowledge of UX principles and methodologies
- Understanding of user research methodologies and user data analysis
- A portfolio of shipped products from ideation to release
- Expert knowledge of design patterns, heuristic evaluation, applying design systems, and prototyping in tools such as Adobe XD, Figma or others
- Efficient at presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences
- Proven ability as a strategic thinker
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Design Director (UX)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-04 22:36:58.107
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.