Senior Environment Artist
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 169698
Position Title: Senior Environment Artist
EA Shanghai is a highly-engaged content creation team within EA Worldwide Studios. We are creatively driven and focused on high end visual production across multiple genres and art styles. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry leading visuals. We are adventurous and creative. We are courageous and we take chances. We seek pioneers who cut new paths and conquer challenges with fierce determination.
Required art direction skills
- Experience providing art direction for AAA titles – must have a solid understanding of art and development practices, and have shipped multiple titles in the art director role.
- Proven ability to direct and critique an art team, ensuring their work is at a high level of quality and matches the game style and vision. Must be able to run daily reviews and provide effective feedback to artists.
- Excellent visual language and storytelling skills. Must be able to use them to create tone, atmosphere and ambiance, as well as “sell” events in a scene.
- Good functional world knowledge and observations skills – able to help the teams create plausible, believable environments for (mostly) modern and futuristic settings.
- Experience directing all art aspects of a project – Characters, environments, animation, VFX, concept, etc.
- Able to confidently discuss any art topics in English.
Additional preferred skills
- Familiarity with action games – fixed camera, FPS or TPS.
- Ability to mentor AADs and art leads, helping them develop the “soft skills” of leading teams, managing partner relationships and insuring alignment.
- Ability to help develop the EASH artist community, sharing skills, knowledge and experience.
- Experience working with Chinese artists - Mandarin language skills a plus.
Required general skills
- 5+ years games industry experience (or similar entertainment industry work)
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the games industry, genres, and markets.
- Extensive experience with 3D art, authoring packages and best practices.
- Solid communication and problem solving abilities. Confident creating workflows and processes to guide and organize art teams. Ability to effectively direct and delegate to leads.
- Proven experience in effectively engaging external partners, and understanding the core vision of a game. Must be able to actively drive conversations to ensure that vision is communic
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Environment Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-11 17:23:46.47
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.