Software Program Manager - Developer Experience
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States • Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169655
Position Title: Program Manager III
The EA Digital Platform (EADP) group provides central services that help game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. The EADP is the foundation on which EA's games are built. By providing reusable capabilities that game teams can easily integrate into their games, we allow them to focus on making incredible games. These building blocks are made up of high-level service platforms including Cloud, Commerce, Data and AI, Gameplay Services, Identity and Social.
The EADP Developer Experience team makes it easy to create and manage the entire suite of EADP services and infrastructure and to easily integrate these solutions within all EA games. We provide the interface to integrate with our diverse set of platform capabilities through our SDK, the EA Console to let anyone provision, and manage platform capabilities, and other tools and services.
You will report to a Director of Program Management
- Manage the development plan, schedule, and process for multiple simultaneous projects, including tasks, resources, quality, time, priorities and costs.
- Report on progress to management.
- Coordinate releases, including tracking bug/quality metrics, and ensuring agreement of schedules with customers, our testing group, and other technology groups.
- Engagement: Lead programs across digital platforms engineering, game studios, services, and digital platform teams for solutions needed to run connected games efforts.
- Balance goals and roadmaps from Product Management with estimates and capacity constraints from Development to provide measurable milestones.
- Resolve risks to the delivery of quality products.
- Support Product Management by working with the engineering team and partners (central teams, game teams) to refine requirements for development.
- Manage cross-group considerations needed for delivery.
- Pursue continuous improvement efforts based on the feedback from our partners related to performance indicators.
- Data: Use data and our requirements to provide important insights on vision, requirements, and service improvements.
Experience / Education:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years program management experience running medium to large software
- 3+ years of experience with modern project management and SDLC processes and artifacts.
- 3+ years experience across component definition, design, engagement, engineering, and service management for highly available online services and platforms.
- Experience with documentation and work tracking tools like: Confluence, GitLab, JIRA, Teams/Sharepoint, Workfront, Hansoft.
- Experience working on high-scale, high-availability multi-tenant web services.
- Experience working with multiple teams and partners across organizations.
- Delivery track record across multiple large-scale cross group programs.
- You understand the difference between detail and minutiae. You like to know what's going on, and make sure everyone else knows too.
- You create enthusiasm and an environment where everyone can do great work. You like working with other people, and bringing people together.
- You understand how to prioritize. You understand how long things take, and you can sequence and order tasks.
- You are risk conscious, and are always looking to track and reduce things that concern you.
- You aim to bring imagination, original ideas, and excitement to everything you do.
- You like to back up proposals and decisions with data. You enjoy digging into information to create justification.
- You act with the curiosity and courage that it takes to experiment and try new things.
- Understanding of and a passion for the digital gaming space
- Programming experience
Community / Marketing Title: Software Program Manager - Developer Experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-28 22:04:47.78
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.