DevOps Engineer- College Football
Multiple Locations: Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States • Georgia, United States
Requisition Number: 169654
Position Title: DevOps Engineer III
We are EA
And we make games – how cool is that? In fact, we entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Have you ever experienced the thrill of a last-minute goal that carries your team to victory in front of millions of people? Working here is kinda like that!
EA Sports Dev Ops EngineerThe DevOps team is looking for a talented Dev Ops Engineer to join our team. We’re looking for candidates with experience in both network and Unix/Linux administration, with high energy, dedication, and passion for technology.
The successful candidate will partner with the Operations Development Director and Technical Lead to estimate and execute projects and deliver excellent results. He or she should have demonstrated ability to work effectively with large-scale systems and possess proven ability to multi-task and prioritize. This position requires excellent troubleshooting skills, strong attention to detail, with strong focus on uptime and predictability. The successful candidate should be passionate building automation to reduce manual tasks. This role will also involve some on-call support duties.
- Directly supports game server environments, from development to production.
- Performs OS configuration and management.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines.
- Troubleshoots application, network, and server-level problems.
- Designs and develops extensive scripting and productivity enhancing tools for automation of system administration tasks
- Maintains documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support. Develops comprehensive best practices and design technical review documents.
- Support an “always-on” gaming network infrastructure.
- Be “on-call” when needed to support feature launches, live events, and emergency escalations.
- Troubleshoot and correct issues raised from production and live services operations.
- Evaluate and adopt technologies which improve the team efficiency and platform capabilities.
- Work with a global team to implement best of breed technologies and provide support within a follow the sun model
- Mentor junior engineers, new hires, and interns.
- Partners with Development and QA teams for implementation of new game features; partners with other operations teams, IT, and external hosting providers to implement and maintain secure and scalable infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution in Computer engineering, computer science, information systems or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant experience in Linux/Unix Systems administration (especially CentOS/RedHat), including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of critical systems
- Experience in DevOps methodologies and cloud technologies (Kubernetes, Docker, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with application deployment by using CI/CD.
- Experience with monitoring tools like Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Experience with alerting tools like PagerDuty.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills aligned with enthusiasm, aptitude, attitude, and motivation to learn
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, or Ruby
- Working knowledge of distributed source control such as GIT
- Demonstrated experience of common scripting languages (Perl, Shell, Python, PHP, the more the better)
- Demonstrated expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Linux servers
- Experience with LDAP, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, NAS.
- Experience with automation systems such as Jenkins or Ansible.
- Working knowledge of database concepts, database structures, relational data bases and related applications
- Strong communication skills, to partner with people and problem solve to reach common goals.
- Ability to identify setbacks and shortcomings.
- Knowledgeable about the latest industry trends, and highly innovative.
Good to have:
- Experience with Cloud based server deployments (EC2, OpenStack, etc)
- Leadership mindset, solid operational experience, and the ability to problem-solve.
Community / Marketing Title: DevOps Engineer- College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-29 14:57:04.907
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.