Art Director - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169615
Position Title: Art Director
Art Director - FIFA
We are looking for a full-time Art Director or accomplished Associate Art Director to join our EASPORTS FIFA team at our Vancouver studio. You will be part of our Presentation, Cinematics and Rendering sub-team & will report to the Senior Art Director.
- In partnership with fellow creatives and directors, develop the tone and style for our Presentation & Cinematic Experiences and the Rendering Features for our game.
- Direct our art team to achieve the visual experience.
- Maintain an inclusive, ambitious and healthy team.
- Convey and champion the visual direction within the larger development team.
- Set direction using briefs, mood boards, ripomatics, concept art, prototypes, motion demos etc.
- Take part in creating plans for tasks, staffing, timelines and budgets.
- Provide feedback to artists and external partners. This can be verbal, written, visual sketches, paint-overs or mock-ups.
- Review the in-game experience together with other directors, producers and leads.
- You have 2 or more years experience as an Art Director, responsible for overall visual direction or possibly a specific domain within a large game.
- You can understand the player's journey, establish a narrative and then direct the required visual experience to delight our players.
- You are used to working with internal art teams of 15+ people.
- You may have worked with vendors to help establish your art direction.
- You have a good eye for composition and lighting, experience in 3D, experience directing motion graphics, and are familiar with contemporary console rendering techniques.
- You excel when working with developers of all disciplines.
- You appreciate the value of working inclusively, using clear goals to measure progress and success.
At EA, we believe our future is to build joyful experiences and push the boundaries of our games and we want your help and expertise in doing so. If this resonates with you and you have something to contribute, please contact us, even if you don't meet all of the criteria above.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-28 00:48:54.953
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.