Senior Financial Analyst, EA Experience
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Orlando, Florida, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169606
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
We’re EA—the world’s leading video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Apex Legends, Battlefield, Need for Speed, and Star Wars, to name but a few. We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
Our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team plays a critical role in providing strategic partnership to leaders across EA. We achieve this through effectively engaging with our partners to understand our broad strategy, analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive EA’s current and future performance.
This Senior Financial Analyst reports to Sr. Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and is a chance to be a collaborative partner and trusted advisor for the Global Brand Marketing Team as well as partner with the Sr. Manager and Sr. Director of EA Experience team on consolidation and reporting. The GBM team are the general managers of our brands partnering to provide exceptional player experiences. This role is critical in helping to inform, analyze, and create decision models in support of Brand Marketing to help drive EA’s current and future performance.
The Senior Financial Analyst role will support our Global Sports and Games Management teams inclusive of day-to-day resource management modeling, analysis of portfolio campaign management, and articulate the narrative associated with the activation of our campaigns.
What You’ll Do:
- Business Partnering
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and actively collaborate to execute on strategies and drive value creation within the company.
- Prepare, hold, and present business reviews for leaders focused on the story (not just data) with clear insights and actionable presentation material.
- Drive results by partnering on business-related projects such as modeling business scenarios and tracking performance metrics to help drive strategic initiatives and priorities.
- Partner across the organization supporting Senior leadership as well as frontline functions to deliver critical inputs for planning & analysis.
- Financial Close, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis
- Own the financial forecast and provide insightful analysis to highlight variance drivers and identify opportunities to mitigate risk / improve performance
- Partner with the Accounting group to manage Close deliverables, timelines, process and reporting
- Design and implement reporting tools that will support business management and performance evaluation.
- Monthly / Quarterly consolidation reporting total EA Experience group inclusive of Marketing, Positive Play, WW Customer Experience and Competitive Gaming
- Drive FP&A Excellence
- Identify and lead complex initiatives to continuously improve, standardize and automate forecasting and reporting tools and processes
- Challenge status quo and provide alternative solutions and efficiencies.
- Partner closely with Sr. Mgr and Sr. Director to provide updates, explanations and inputs for consolidation to deliver clear and concise narrative for corporate reporting and business management.
Who You Are:
- Highly-motivated, passionate self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities, meet tight deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced environment with high degree of change
- A team player able to work collaboratively, within the group and cross-functionally across business units/functions as a thought leader and partner
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Preferred Experience and Technical Skills
- 3+ years of experience in a divisional or corporate finance role (FP&A or accounting)
- Strong experience with P&L management, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting and general GAAP knowledge
- Excellent MS Excel and PowerPoint expertise required
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy on work output.
- Analytical and critical thinking/creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong initiative and desire to drive change and enhance processes. Ability to proactively identify business risks and opportunities.
- Effective when working independently and as a team player who can work collaboratively within a group and across divisions/functions.
- Strong oral communication and interpersonal skills (cross-functional team environments).
- Highly proficient with MS Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Experience in Anaplan and Power BI a Plus
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Financial Analyst, EA Experience
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-12-01 15:48:02.037
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.