Senior Accountant II
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169605
Position Title: Senior Accountant II
Corporate accounting’s mission is to create shareholder value through integrity, leadership and business partnership. The department’s primary responsibility is to prepare, analyze and report the worldwide consolidated financial statements to senior management and to shareholders through press releases and earnings calls. Furthermore, responsibilities include but not limited to: accounting consultation to internal business partners, assisting with acquisitions, system improvements and other special projects.
Senior Accountant II, Corporate Accounting
The Senior Accountant II will have a broad range of responsibilities involving many aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year end close processes for North America; assisting as well as having the opportunity to lead Corporate Accounting projects; and the development of process efficiencies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated. As an individual who will promote excellence throughout EA, this role involves a number of important responsibilities:
- Performing close activities including, but not limited to:
- Journal entry preparation for complex, high profile transactions;
- Review and preparation of reconciliations;
- Overseeing and coordinating aspects of the close calendar; and
- Preparing and reporting on close schedules to the Controllership team including presenting key aspects of the balance sheet.
- Provide accounting and general ledger business partner support; act as a liaison to selected business groups across finance (i.e., FPA, SEC reporting, Revenue, AR, etc.)
- Develop and maintain External Audit and SOX documentation as it relates to the role. Further, act as liaison between external auditors and business partners during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Identify process improvements with emphasis on streamlining and/or improving controls within accounting. Further striving for Global Standardization.
- Conduct quarterly business unit balance sheet reviews.
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reporting to analyze trends vs. prior quarter and prior year for the statement of operations and the balance sheet
- Prepare memos/whitepapers on accounting issues as required
- Spend a portion of time on projects (e.g., globally aligning EA’s accounting practices, improving documentation, building more robust analytical reporting)
Technical skills and experience
The following skills are necessary to be successful in this position:
- B.S. in Accounting or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant financial accounting experience
- Ability to effectively coordinate with Global teams (including offshore teams) and obtain desired results in a timely manner a plus.
- CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience with Oracle R12 and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills; solution oriented individual
- Disciplined self-starter with strong attention to detail and accountability for own work and the work of others
- Strong business acumen
- Passion for data integrity, process definition and organizational alignment
- Strives for excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; polished professional; communicates with impact
- Able to handle multiple and sometimes competing priorities
- Rapid learner
- Ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations
- Possesses passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; action oriented
- Thinks outside of the box; willing to challenge existing processes to drive efficiency
- Is a team player, adept at building relationships within Finance and across organizations
- Views challenges as opportunities
Position reports to the Corporate Accounting Manager
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-09 22:28:17.287
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.