2D Artist - KKH
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Requisition Number: 169588
Position Title: Artist
Glu Toronto, a game studio in the heart of downtown Toronto, is seeking a 2D Artist to help create high-profile casual mobile games. You've got serious art skills and you're ready to put them to use. You know Creative Suite like the back of your hand, and know how to draw the back of a hand - if for some reason that's what's needed. You're ready to collaborate with a tight-knit team of highly dedicated and talented designers and developers to create best-in-class mobile games, including the smash-hit and award winning Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
- Work with the Art Manager & Lead Artist to create game-ready illustrations based on concept art and direction for both new and existing IP
- Follow production pipeline, ensure art is created efficiently, and effectively integrated into products
- Follow style guides, and assist in their creation when asked
- Export and assemble images from art files within prescribed technical parameters and protocols
- 2+ years of industry experience in mobile/casual games or similar
- Experience working with casual, approachable art styles
- A proven track record of art assets on projects that have made it to market (especially shipped game projects)
- Degree or diploma in a visual art discipline, or equivalent years of professional experience
- Excellent 2D Art skills (i.e. you live in Photoshop)
- General mastery of a range of art assets including but not limited to: environments, objects, character assets and clothing, storyboards
- Superb imagination and creativity Ability to match existing art styles & work in multiple different styles
- Organized, meticulous, and thorough working habits Good verbal communication, problem-solving, and teamwork skills
- Ability to pick up new technical skills and concepts quickly
- Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have a passion for games, and a desire to be part of the future of mobile games
- You're versatile, flexible, and willing to do what's needed in a fast-moving environment
- You have an interest in story-telling, pop culture, and entertainment
- You've got a superlative portfolio to illustrate everything listed under "Skills"
- Seriously; applications without a portfolio will not be considered
Community / Marketing Title: 2D Artist - KKH
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-08 23:15:40.153
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.