Associate Game Design Director
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 169585
Position Title: Associate Game Design Director
Associate Game Design Director
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
We are EA – one of the world’s largest video games publishers who has been instrumental in shaping the games industry as it stands today! The company is over 39 years old and continues to entertain millions of players all over the world with high quality video games across all platforms – from social, console, mobile and handhelds! You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few.
As EA's first label dedicated to purely digital games, EA Mobile creates games for mobile devices, social networks and online environments that deliver seamless play anytime, anywhere, on any device. Connecting a market of more than one billion core and mass- casual gamers worldwide, EA Mobile delivers engaging, accessible, high-quality games to people of all skill levels and interests.
The EA Mobile portfolio encompasses some of the most recognizable entertainment brands in the world, including titles such as The Simpsons, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Need for Speed, Fifa Mobile, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, The Sims Mobile, Simcity Buildit, Bejeweled and many more!
The Hyderabad office represents one of EA’s largest development locations with more than 700 passionate personnel involved in mobile game development, testing, production, distribution, and other central functions such as finance, central engineering and more. The game development studio, Slingshot Games, is part of the studios organization that is committed to conceptualizing and developing new games and running live services for some of EA’s top mobile games.
Slingshot Games takes great pride in being one of the critical studios for EA Mobile’s strategy for future growth. With a long track record of running an extremely diverse portfolio of games and live services across multiple genres and players, we are now home to supporting incubation of new game ideas, production of new games, running live services on some of the world’s best games on mobile! What’s even more exciting is the rapidly growing market opportunity in India – games and esports, having a world class game development team, some of the biggest IPs like Fifa, Need for Speed, Apex Legends and the focus to bring these game experiences to India!
Here are the values we truly believe in:
Tenacity – Hunger to prove yourself and keep pushing the boundary
Ownership – Get things done
Passion – Passionate about the art of making games
Collaboration – Great things are not done by an individual but by a team of highly motivated folks
Alchemy – Create magic in everything you do
Associate Game Design Director
At EA India, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re innovators and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks, collaborate with brilliant minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As an Associate Game Design Director for EA India your job will be to use your passion, knowledge, and leadership to inspire the team, provide and communicate vision, drive innovation and create incredible experiences that surprise and delight millions of gamers around the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Champion the overall creative direction on an ongoing basis, inspiring the team through progressive creative design and
- Collaborate with leadership and brand(s) to define creative direction for our
- Evangelize and pitch ideas to the Executive team and generate excitement and
- Possess a deep understanding of new trends driving player expectations and
- Understand how user-generated content and experiences are shaping products in the
- Partner with consumer insights to break down and understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and
- Sensitivity to mass-market appeal, and the ability to innovate within
- Rally and generate visible wide-spread support for vision/direction.
- Oversee core design vision and implementation, working directly with designers, producers, programmers, artists, and
- Proactively communicate progress and resolution of problems with the ability to set guidelines for peers and external support
- Provide guidance and mentorship to peers and junior design staff, assisting them in the resolution of complex problems and growing their skills and
- Represent the game in both internal and external communications. This includes delivering strong presentations and taking responsibility for internal reviews with key organizational stakeholders, partner companies, and handling external interviews with the media.
- Be accountable for the quality targets as well as the results
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of overall experience in game design.
- 4+ years of experience leading game teams and defining game design and narrative
- Experience designing, launching, monitoring and evolving a live
- Broad, in-depth knowledge of game design. Additional areas of expertise in tech, art, business, are a plus.
- Experience inspiring an organization irrespective of reporting lines; a vocal champion of the work that knows when to defend the work and when feedback will make the idea
- Excellent communication skills -- both written and verbal -- are absolutely critical. Must be able to evangelize the vision for the studio and its projects both within and across EA. Experience with public speaking, a plus.
- Welcomes feedback and criticism, and enjoys working in a collaborative, iterative, and agile
- Is highly organized and can break down complex problems into consumable and actionable pieces for
- Able to conceptualize, create, and implement game concepts using various tools and
- Experience working with research departments to define tests and interpret data to effectively iterate on
- Experience of taking major AAA Mobile games from concept to
- Experience working with licensing partners is a
- Experience developing games that support User Generated Content is a
- A passion for games. Just as important, a drive to make a game with an impact at an industry
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Game Design Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-27 10:01:23.027
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.