Quality Designer - Core Technology (Apex Legends)
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 169578
Position Title: Quality Designer I
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
Respawn is looking for a Quality Designer to join an established, experienced team working on Apex Legends.
This is an opportunity to join a veteran team and help ensure quality across a large franchise spanning multiple studios around the world. Working with the QA, Engineering, and Production groups, you will ensure our team's technologies meet the growing needs for the project. You will work with partners to perform Return on Investment analysis, establish User Acceptance Test criteria, perform Tests for Completion and ensure that our tools strategy (our tool sets) exceed the team's requirements.
You will report to the Development Director/Manager.
- QA representative for Technology within the defined scope.
- Work directly with Production members to ensure that development requirements are understood.
- Report on the progress of testing until the release is complete.
- Work with other team members to increase awareness of testability, communicate ongoing findings from test execution, and escalate risks to the final product as they emerge.
- Expected to attend regular meetings, vocalize status to partner groups. Understand how to navigate conflict and message based on context and audience.
- Partner with representatives from off-site testing studios that assist with higher volume test case completion. Advocate and maintain appropriate quality standards that support successful outcomes.
- Interpret & use data visualizations to provide relevant insights.
- Use data to construct a cohesive and consumable summary for senior team members.
- Understand how to evaluate the state of the product by ongoing exploration and experimentation.
- Work with Development partners to provide support for game engine refactoring and improvements.
- Understand how game engine functions can affect various aspects of the intended player experience
- Work with Development partners to help establish performance and memory requirements and translate details to rest of QA team for proficient verification
- 5+ years of experience as a Sr QA Analyst/feature owner in software development
- Experience working in an upstream/embedded QA model
- Experience with Agile/scrum software development
- Experience partnering with developers on content delivery as an advocate of game quality
- Experience with software development process and milestones/deadlines
- Experience working in a live service development model (i.e. sprints, releases, content deployments)
- Proficient in development planning tool sets (Jira, Hansoft) and code/asset integration software (Perforce)
- Experience with automation frameworks, scripting, and advocating for automated test solutions
- Experience working with game engines and associated tool sets
- Experience with game rendering, performance, and memory requirements
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer - Core Technology (Apex Legends)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-27 17:16:12.32
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.