Technical Writer - Frostbite
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Seattle, Washington, United States
Requisition Number: 169574
Position Title: Technical Writer II
TECHNICAL WRITER - FROSTBITE
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a Technical Writer, you will report to the Managing Editor of the Frostbite Documentation Team. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering game creators to bring their ideas to life and unleash the power of the Frostbite game engine. You will do this by organizing, writing, and editing learning resources and documentation. Your user-centric approach will help new and experienced game creators learn how to use the Frostbite engine. You will work side-by-side with game engine developers and experts to help them share their knowledge.
- Work with distributed teams (product management, engineering, content, experience design) to organize and sustain the Frostbite engine conceptual and how to documentation, UI text, and tutorials.
- Work with experts to learn about engine features, write documentation, and consult on best practices for conveying technical information.
- Employ a diplomatic approach and accountability when managing projects that address game creator concerns.
- Provide guidance on documentation standards, such as consistency and reuse, while delivering learning solutions.
- Guide documentation tooling and process improvement across multiple, concurrent projects and systems.
- Collaborate across EA teams (such as video, interactive demos, in-application help) to create or reuse learning materials.
- Contribute to enterprise content management practices to build a foundation for future documentation processes.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software or online technical writing experience within a technology organization
- 2+ years of project management experience, with the ability to work through ambiguity and manage competing priorities
- Experienced at working in a collaborative, Agile development environment
- Experience using a content management system (CMS) or similar knowledge management systems to organize and create documentation
- Experience creating and organizing technical documentation that is detail-oriented, concise, and accurate
- Skilled at translating technical concepts into written and visual formats
To be considered for this position, be prepared to provide writing samples.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Writer - Frostbite
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-01 20:15:47.617
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.