Creative Director, Marketing & Communications, Apex Legends
Location: Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169568
Position Title: Director, Editorial
EA’s Marcom Creative team is responsible for defining the creative ideas that underpin our campaigns and consumer-facing brand behaviors. As a part of a global group of strategists, technologists, and producers we work in close collaboration with our studio and brand partners to define the steel threads that guide campaigns and consumer-facing content across our franchises. This involves creative engagement from inception to execution; including franchise & brand foundations, campaign narratives, content planning, creative platforms and creative direction for our assets and activations. We use both left brain and right brain thinking to boldly chase the next insight or breakthrough creative idea that will progress marketing in our industry and beyond.
As a Creative Director of Marketing & Communications, you will report to our Sr Director of Marcom Creative, and partner closely with Studio, Brand, Marcom Strategy, Communications and cross-functional teams, to define the present, and future of Apex Legends.
In the past three years, Apex Legends has grown to become one of the biggest FPS games in the world. Millions of people play, watch, read, create and interact with our Legends every day, in and out of game. This is an opportunity to join, lead and build a creative team as we expand Apex into more markets and more platforms.
You should apply for this job if:
- You believe that ‘collaboration’ isn’t a buzzword, it’s the only way to get to brilliant and insightful work.
- You know that great ideas come from anywhere and you have the stories and experiences to prove it.
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment where creativity is often fluid and reactive
- You love stories in all their shapes and sizes: big stories that unfold over years and little stories that happen in seconds.
- You never put your ego first.
- Partner with Respawn’s writers and animators to develop seasonal creative platforms and work closely with the larger marketing team to bring those creative ideas to life across communications, content, and channels.
- Work closely with marcom strategy, brand marketing and channel intelligence to develop and refine ideas based on insights and strategies that drive Apex forward
- Champion the creative work of the team to internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with our channel teams to develop and support creative and content platforms
- Beyond the ideation of the creative, partner with the Brand Marketing and cross-functional teams to ensure quality and integrated execution of the creative across channels.
- Lead internal creative teams across all aspects of live service marketing.
- Be the Creative POC for all external vendors and agencies working on live service
- 8+ years in a CD role within a creative agency or entertainment brand
- Proven experience building and guiding creative teams to success
- Able to work with teams primarily in Pacific time zone. Some regular travel may be needed for key team collaboration moments.
- A leader: Inspiring and influential voice with experience selling in creative experiences to different audiences
- A storyteller: an understanding of cohesive narrative across everything from a presentation to a pithy end-line to a piece of content
- A creator: you drive creativity that inspires breakthrough activations and content across a variety of mediums
- Insights: an ability to turn insights into breakthrough ideas
- You have a love for the rich mythology and culture around entertainment storytelling.
- Experience in live service game marketing is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Creative Director, Marketing & Communications, Apex Legends
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-03 15:10:21.457
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.