Generalist Software Engineer - Metalhead
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169560
Position Title: Software Engineer II
make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the
development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a
fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria.
We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
Are you an experienced, pragmatic cranker of codes that has worked on and
shipped high performance game code? Perhaps our open role of Generalist
Software Engineer appeals to you! You will report to a senior engineering team
member and work with the rest of the team to solve a broad category of problems we encounter in game development.
● Work with the senior engineering team in solving complex problems across
the tech stack using C++ and C#.
● Design & implement core technology features that facilitate running a sports
simulation at 60hz across a variety of platforms.
● Enhance existing systems to solve the needs of the art or gameplay teams.
● Own features and collaborate with team members to solve problems
●Evaluate and integrate 3rd party libraries.
● 5+ years of professional C++ experience.
● Advanced debugging skills.
● Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
● Familiarity with a Visual Studio / Windows development environment.
● Experience developing, debugging, and successfully shipping software
● Ability to work in and comprehend a large codebase with interacting
● A high level of comfort reasoning about multi-threaded code, its performance
characteristics and interactions with other systems.
● Willingness to context switch to unfamiliar features/tasks to keep a project on
●An eye for finding simple solutions to complex problems.
● Experience with AWS, MSBuild, SQL.
● A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer
● Experience with console development environments
●Shipped console or PC games.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we’re always looking for:
● Passion. You love programming and are always looking to learn more and
hone your craft. Your shower thoughts are often software related.
● A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for
help when you’re stuck and you want to help your teammates when they
● A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task
versus recognizing that it’s time to get ‘er done and move on to the next
thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
● A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It’s just a fact
of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage
of a project.
● Drive to execute. Projects you’ve worked on in the past (personal or
professional) got finished, and got finished properly... and it had a lot to do
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist Software Engineer - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. es una empresa de software de entretenimiento interactivo líder a nivel mundial. EA distribuye juegos, contenido y servicios en línea para consolas, ordenadores personales, teléfonos móviles y tabletas conectados a Internet.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-03 20:04:16.803
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA ofrece igualdad de oportunidades. Nuestras decisiones de empleo se hacen independientemente de raza, color, nacionalidad, ascendencia, sexo, género, identidad o expresión de género, orientación sexual, edad, información genética, religión, discapacidad, condición médica, embarazo o estado civil, familiar o de veterano. EA también lleva a cabo ajustes de espacios de trabajo para individuos cualificados con discapacidades, de acuerdo con la ley aplicable.