UX Designer - Game Engine Workflows
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 169537
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Frostbite is EA's state-of-the-art multi-platform game development engine. Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honoured to have thousands of game developers all over the world using Frostbite to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
As a UX Designer, you will report to the Senior Manager of Experience Design & Analytics. You will be part of a distributed team that's responsible for empowering our game creators to bring their ideas to life. You will do this by engaging with the Frostbite users to understand their needs and iteratively designing workflows that are simple and user-friendly. You will also help make the Frostbite team and our development process more user-centric and data-driven.
What you will do
- Work with distributed teams (product management, engineering, content, documentation) to research, design, build and validate features that align with the product vision
- Design and test ideas whilst validating design decisions using data
- Conduct research studies such as usability testing, user interviews and competitive analysis
- Drive product consistency by using and contributing to the Frostbite Design System
- Help make Frostbite's development process more user-centric by creating appropriate processes and standards, participating in internal reviews, and coaching teammates
What you will need
- You will have a portfolio that contains multiple case studies with your direct contributions, highlighting your outstanding visual and interaction design skills, and technical expertise
- Experience designing for complex, data-rich applications such as creative tools, game engines, productivity software
- Experience creating UX artifacts (personas, user stories, wireframes, high fidelity visual design, journey maps) to communicate design ideas
- Experience using user research methodologies such as usability testing, journey mapping, surveys and user interviews
- Expert in UI and UX design including the creation of icons, wireframes, concept sketches, high-fidelity mock-ups and functional prototypes
- Proficient in multiple design and prototyping tools (Figma, Photoshop, Protopie)
- Experience using style guides and design systems
- Experience presenting complex concepts using appropriate level of detail depending on the audience (Product Managers, team members, engineers, researchers)
- Experience working with varying levels of abstraction across business and product strategy
Community / Marketing Title: UX Designer - Game Engine Workflows
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-11-01 20:13:27.943
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.