Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169526
Position Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc (EA) is looking for a Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst reporting to the Global Strategic Sourcing Director, North America, who is comfortable with driving internal business partner engagement, demonstrating strategic thought processes, developing complex sourcing strategies, and negotiating contracts.
You will initially be an individual contributor in the Global Strategic Sourcing (GSS) North America team located in Austin, Texas. You will manage sourcing activities in partnership with a variety of internal departments including IT, Facilities (Workplace & Employee Services), Marketing, Studios, and Competitive Gaming.
- Listen to our internal partner requirements, advise them on best practice, prepare and agree on negotiation strategies
- Organize multiple business partner and support teams to effectively engage suppliers and complete transactions
- Create increased value through direct negotiation and other sourcing methods with suppliers
- Engage with and influence business partner departments and build successful relationships
- Assist business partners as they manage on-going supplier relationships
- Work with internal subject matter experts (e.g., Legal, Tax, Security) to create contract structures which maximize EA’s return for current and long-term supplier relationships
- Incorporate EA’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) best practices for Supplier Diversity and Sustainable Procurement into negotiation strategies and best practices
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and corporate policies and procedures
- Understand business needs and requirements so that agreement terms are complete, scalable, and cost-effective
- Participate in GSS team development initiatives to improve the sourcing experience across EA
- Strategic Thinker. This individual is not only skilled at tactical engagements but is also a big picture thinker. They will exhibit creative, adaptable and out of the box thinking and will strive to find the best short- and long-term solutions for their business partners
- Negotiator. This individual will negotiate terms, conditions, and pricing with EA Suppliers for a range of products and services. They will be responsible for collecting contract requirements, developing contractual agreements, negotiating terms and presenting deals to senior management
- Communicator. Deliver concise and clear email communications, explain complex business agreements with well-constructed summaries, and develop and lead supplier negotiations
- Facilitator. Address and confront difficult realities in a positive and constructive manner. Including partnering with others to schedule, manage, and perform on numerous projects in parallel
- Value Driver. Demonstrate a track record of increasing value with supplier For example, familiarity with the terms and deal structures which promote or ensure delivery of services, reduce risk and drive best value
- RF(x) Manager. Responsible for preparing RFI/RFQ/RFP documents with requesting departments, evaluating proposals, and assisting in the selection of bidders
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 Years relevant Strategic Sourcing or Procurement Experience
- Experience with indirect spend such as technology, marketing or facilities
- Experience working within a US or European multinational company and remote teams
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-25 17:01:53.31
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.