Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169522
Position Title: Software Engineer II
The Generalist Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers on developing the game's foundation layer.
- Roughly 70 to 85% hands-on coding (C++), domain ownership will be expected.
- Work with 3rd party software APIs.
- Work with people on a large team both locally and remotely.
- Use common software engineering design patterns and paradigms.
- Use and design REST-based HTTP APIs.
- 3+ years’ experience working on Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo game consoles or other embedded systems.
- Strong knowledge with C++, ASM is a bonus.
- Json and XML, able to read/understand and write.
- Experience working with online services/severs. (HTTP via REST)
- Knowledge of REST-based APIs.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Experience with Visual Studio and deep knowledge of the debugging tools.
- Experience with source control systems.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist Software Engineer - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-26 23:50:48.82
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.