Senior VFX Artist
Multiple Locations: Vancouver, BC, Canada • Toronto, ON, Canada • Austin, TX, USA • Edmonton, AB, Canada
Requisition Number: 169521
Position Title: Senior Visual Effects Artist
Senior VFX Artist
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
BioWare is looking for a VFX Artist to join our team and create stunning visual effects that lead the industry.
- 4+ years of industry experience in VFX on games or related interactive work.
- Familiarity with real-time VFX using particle systems, sprites, and 3D meshes.
- Good command of animation principles and timing.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages for VFX creation (including experience creating optimized 3D models and textures), game engine workflows for VFX, and revision control systems. Photoshop and Maya. Houdini, FumeFX, or other dynamic simulation experience.
- Proficiency with open-world gameplay constraints and using visual language to support rewarding player experiences.
- Commitment to learning new technologies.
- Author visual effects for environments, abilities, combat, and cinematics.
- Research and provide creative input to inform and develop VFX solutions.
- Work with our design, environment, and writing teams to support gameplay and story while upholding our established art style.
- Work with our art leadership and your peers to support the game vision, provide/receive feedback, and improve by participating in regular team events such as reviews and scrums, with the goal of creating high-quality VFX.
- You will report to the Lead VFX Artist.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, oversee.
Please provide as many examples of the following as you can:
- Ability effects (e.g. cast, projectile, impact)
- Cinematic effects
- Environmental effects (e.g. smoke columns, fire, lightning, and explosions)
Community / Marketing Title: Senior VFX Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-26 19:06:53.103
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。