Experience Designer II
Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169502
Position Title: Experience Designer II
Location: Redwood Shores, CA, Austin, TX preferred - Open to remote work in most US states
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking! It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re creators and great storytellers. Our mission is not just about amazing our peers – it’s about amazing our fans. Taking risks. Collaborating with each other. Daring to dream big. Together, we can improve the way millions play every day.
As an Experience Designer with Maxis, you’ll report to the Development Director and work with a team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will use your passion and knowledge to develop amazing experiences for our highly engaged players, as well as, new players.
You should excel in a collaborative and iterative environment and help lead these processes and methods forward. You will work with your Engineering, Design, UXR and Production partners to create experiences that surprise, delight, and invite millions of gamers around the world to Play with Life.
- Drive user-centered design processes to provide outstanding design solutions for Maxis games.
- Partner with XD Leads and the larger XD team.
- Maintain and adhere to an existing comprehensive design system.
- Be a promoter of usability, inclusiveness, and accessibility.
- Drive design solutions that are informed by player data (quantitative and qualitative).
- Partner with user research to conduct studies on future work, analyze the data, and formulate results.
- Craft UX artifacts: experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes.
- Produce conceptual mocks and visual artifacts.
- Work with Engineers and implement UI in game engine.
- Architect player flows, screens, content, and states that promote ease of use and are engaging while balancing player, business and technical goals.
- Partner with various team members to find balanced design solutions to player and business goals within technical constraints.
- Lead initiatives for product development, feature design and/or a team of experienced designers'
- At least 4+ years of UX/UI experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role. Your experience includes some combination of: game and non-gaming products, live service and social networks.
- Hands-on experience with user research methodologies and user data analysis (quantitative and qualitative)
- A portfolio demonstrating user-centered designs across multiple digital products. Creating research and data informed designs that meet player needs and their motivations.
- You have an optimistic outlook, the desire to inspire excellence.
- Knowledge of usability principles and designing for accessibility, diversity, and inclusivity.
- You understand the importance of providing and soliciting feedback in a graceful, constructive manner, with suggestions and solutions for improvement to both process and project.
- You have a passion for playing and making games, with an understanding of what makes them fun and engaging.
- You are comfortable presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences, using these opportunities to educate and promote.
- You can clearly articulate yourself with excellent written and verbal communication to a broad range of audiences.
- Proficiency in multiple modern design tools such as Adobe XD, Sketch, Principal, Adobe CC, Figma, etc.
- Familiarity with life simulation genre and games.
Community / Marketing Title: Experience Designer II
Electronic Arts Inc. este o companie de divertisment interactiv, lider la nivel mondial. EA oferă jocuri, conținut și servicii online pentru console conectate la Internet, calculatoare personale, telefoane mobile și tablete.
EEOText: EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial, statut de veteran sau orice altă caracteristică protejată de lege. De asemenea, acceptăm și candidaturi calificate din partea persoanelor cu cazier, în conformitate cu legislația aplicabilă. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.
Date Opened: 2021-10-22 18:40:25.07
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA este un angajator care oferă oportunități egale. Toate deciziile de angajare sunt luate fără a ține seama de rasă, culoare, origine națională, descendență, sex, identitate sau exprimare de gen, orientare sexuală, vârstă, informații genetice, religie, dizabilități, stare medicală, sarcină, stare civilă, statut familial sau statut de veteran. De asemenea, EA oferă locuri de muncă pentru persoanele cu handicap calificate, conform legislației aplicabile.