Multiple Locations: Redwood City, California, United States • Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169500
Position Title: Animator 2
At Maxis, we excel at outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re trailblazers and great storytellers. But it’s not just about amazing your peers – it’s about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work with dazzling minds and dare to dream big. Together, we can change the way millions play every day. We are looking for someone with deep insights on how to create the best experience for our players.
You will report into a studio Development Director.
- Work with Animation Lead and Director to create high-quality keyframe animation with heavy emphasis on full body character acting.
- Produce content under tight game development deadlines.
- With guidance from your Lead, collaborate with other essential contributors of the Production process to fulfill Design Goals. Essential contributions include:
- Work with different technical and art disciplines to solve implementation challenges.
- Estimate and provide scoping options for content to ensure we can meet production deadlines.
- Design animation assets and state machines using our proprietary engine.
- Present implementation strategies alongside other contributors.
- Use both Maya and art tools to implement animated characters and objects in a proprietary engine.
- Use proprietary engine and pre-vis tools to technically verify animation content for self and others.
- Work with other essential disciplines to solve complex game bugs.
- Maintain and track animation assets related to your implementation designs.
- Create technical documentation of your implementations.
- Hold focused discussions concerning technical implementations you have contributed to, to spread knowledge across the animation team.
- 5+ years of experience as a Gameplay Animator working with and designing animation state machines in a game engine such as Unity, Unreal or similar.
- Exceptional skill creating keyframe animation with a primary emphasis on full body character acting.
- Proficient understanding of both game animation and in-engine state machine design.
- Excellent technical comprehension regarding game animation implementation.
- Excellent collaborator with a passion for working across diverse groups to find creative solutions.
- Passion for learning new workflows, processes, and technology.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the Simulation genre of games
- Comfortable creating entertaining acting performances for reference for your animations or others.
- Experience working with motion capture processes
- Experience with Atlassian Confluence, Jira software, Shotgun or similar tools
Community / Marketing Title: Animator II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-22 19:03:08.53
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.