Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 169490
Position Title: DM
Title: QA Project Manager/QA Development Manager
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about the player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. Our creative work environment rewards new and different ideas. It’s an environment that attracts brilliant talent from around the globe. No matter which of our studio locations you join, you’ll feel the energy and support of EA’s global brand, while thriving on our world-‐class campuses. At EA, the excitement you feel throughout each workday is made possible by a culture that inspires you to do the best work of your career. For years, we’ve been building a company where amazing minds thrive. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
QA Project Managers/QA Development Manager are the primary QA owners for a franchise, product or major service/feature. As a product owner the QAPM will be accountable for the end-to-end quality of the entire product. This entails scoping, strategizing and budgeting plans for all aspects of the QA business on the project, performance managing the execution of those plans from pre-production all the way to post launch activities and acting as the main communication conduit to all partner teams in terms of QA activities.
What the QA Project Manager Will Achieve at EA:
- Lead on projects through test design and execution for Mobile game platform and community features. Attend design reviews, creating and reviewing test plans, and ensuring that appropriate testing efforts are applied to new games and features.
- Build a strong embedded team of QA Analyst focused on Defect prevention and quality improvement. Develop the best practice for manual and automated testing for EA/Popcap projects.
- Formulation of a QA framework that can be implemented and managed to ensure consistency across all teams
- Recruit, manage, train and evaluate the performance of the QA personnel.
- Collaborate with partners in development and finance to define schedules and establish QA budgets
- Defining and implementing critical knowledge transfer and communication processes with internal and external teams
- Defining and implementing metrics, reporting mechanisms, and project/test management methodologies
- Collaborate and assist in creating the overall Quality Plan; defining a project budget, forecasting a staff plan, communication plan and an overall test strategy, including tools, technology, pre-integration and post-integration QA efforts, etc.
- Establish efficient and effective methods of reporting and communicating between Development QA and Test Centre functions
- Formulate strong relationships within the QA teams, external vendors and all development partners
- Career manage QA Project Leads and QA Analysts as assigned
- Continually improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the QA effort by assessing current quality assurance practices and incorporating new strategies, including advancing the use of technology, automation, and development of new test tools.
- Be internal advocate and spokesperson for all things QA across the product (i.e., game and associated systems, companion apps, websites, servers, etc.). Clearly communicate issues, risks, concerns, and successes to stakeholders.
- Contribute directly to performance evaluation of individuals and teams, compiling objective feedback that is channeled toward both personal and process improvement
What skills does EA look for?
- 3 years of managerial experience with at least 2 years managing leads or managers
- 5 years’ experience managing complex and multi-disciplined projects
- Demonstrated knowledge of mobile game software development processes, change management, and process improvement
- Previous experience managing the business side of projects (i.e., resourcing, budgeting, etc.)
- Proven record in managing 3rd party vendors; including commercial negotiation in both a consultancy and fixed price environment
- Previous experience managing projects for both short and long iterations; being able to scope different sizes and length of a project
- Previous experience managing bug defect solutions & driving the creation of test plans
- Commercial awareness: an understanding of the games industry, especially as it relates to perception of quality for our games from the media, our consumers, and the public at large
- Previous experience in the use of automation and tools/technology to improve efficiency and increase overall test coverage and effectiveness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational English and people management skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Pro-active, motivated and focused
- Ability to influence and persuade those not directly in your reporting structure.
- Excellent time management skills with strong ability to prioritize and multi-task across competing demands
- Strategic and forward thinker – able to anticipate key challenges and future needs and develop strategies to address them
- Flexible and dynamic – able to quickly adapt to changing needs of the business.
- Commercial awareness - the ability to view situations from a commercial or business perspective (i.e., understanding both what is best for the product and what is best for the business)
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-25 09:15:41.257
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.