Character Artist II
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 169469
Position Title: Character Artist 2
Character Artist II
The Character Artist builds the geometry of organic and inorganic characters in the game. EA Character Artists are experienced in human character modeling of both realistic and stylized figures in Maya. Character models are complex and detailed in video games with some characters coming close to 500,000 polygons. The Character Artist will show an interest in opportunities to improve character creation across multiple teams within EA. While they will report to a local Development Director, they will work directly with the Lead Character Artist and the Art Director to ensure content is meeting our bar.
What does EA look for:
- 6+ years’ experience in modeling and character art
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A portfolio in realistic character art. Please provide a link to a portfolio on the resume.
- Experience working with Maya, Photoshop, and ZBrush
- Experience in prototyping and working with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, and engineers.
- Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of human anatomy, clothing construction (wrinkle behavior), proportion, silhouette, and topology, and how it relates to rendering and deformation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of a broad mix of character-related disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging and binding, animation, facial animation, and blend shapes.
- Experience presenting art direction focus and art reviews through to our teams.
- Demonstrate an expert ability to prepare assets for physical simulations such as cloth, hair.
- Demonstrate an excellent ability to interpret 2D reference material and scan data into 3D textured and surfaced models.
- Demonstrate an ability to document workflows to be used by our teams.
- Sports knowledge and enthusiasm a plus.
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist II
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-22 16:25:40.647
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.