Associate Quality Designer - NHL
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169465
Position Title: Associate Quality Designer
Development Technology & Solutions
Development Technology & Solutions is a partner of EA Studios. They span four continents, bringing together diverse individuals passionate about their craft from across the globe. They partner in every development phase while improving their expertise to create greater experiences for players. DTS participates in creating some of the most beloved games and supports ongoing live services. Through cutting-edge technology, data-driven insights, and state-of-the-art practices, they drive quality and directly impact players. They are a learning organization, sharing collaboratively and exploring innovative ways to solve challenges in creating amazing games for millions of players worldwide.
You will be a contributor to our efforts driving our products to defined quality targets in collaboration with the Quality Verification & Development teams. Your role will improve the existing test methodology identifying new capabilities for the team. As an Associate Quality Designer you will be an important part of driving quality in our products. The work you do will improve the quality process and capabilities of the entire group.
- Bring qualitative feedback on assigned features to the development team, be the voice of quality for the project.
- Implement pre-integration build verification and reporting processes, along with content testing strategies using development tools.
- Use testing methodologies on appropriate features/tools, while also analyzing feature sets to find opportunities for automation.
- Use telemetry to enhance test requirements and plans.
- Craft or use existing tools to improve QA efficiency, quantifies efforts.
- Bring together and update essential project and test knowledge through wikis, documents
- Test case creation from design documentation or feature expertise.
- Work with onsite and offsite teams to help bring the title to quality.
- Develop relationships with development teams and implement a development QA support strategy during development
- Understand concepts of defect prevention and defect containment.
- Experienced with Grey/White box testing in development environments.
- Understand the value of automated testing and know how to approach usage.
- Familiar with common automation tool sets, EA proprietary tools.
- collect and transcribe quantitative data in forming risk assessments, generating solutions and raise to applicable partners.
- Talk with both peers and partners guiding conversations, and supporting team participation.
- Analyze personal and team process for innovation opportunities, and raise potential improvements.
- observational skills focused on detail.
- Experienced with defect and test plan tracking software.
- track project metrics into data-driven decisions and strategies.
- Identify efficiencies in existing process to evolve action.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Quality Designer - NHL
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 21:18:07.077
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.