Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 169460
Position Title: Quality Designer I
The Challenge Ahead
Madden Gameplay is looking for you to fill a role on the Madden Gameplay team. QA Leads, or Quality Designers as they are referred to internally are embedded within our development team. The right Quality Designer candidate should be able to interpret designs and enforce confidence in testing processes. They are champions of best practice and new ideas in testing, playing a necessary role in driving our craft forward. They test, publish, document, and evolve procedures ensuring accurate execution and reporting of all testing activities.
This is a versatile role with many areas of focus and responsibilities. A Quality Designer is a catalyst ensuring that QA understands the design and that its features are tested in the correct way and ensuring that the quality of the game lives up to our players’ expectations.
The Next Great Quality Designer Needs:
An in-depth understanding of the technical structure of games and how to apply new testing methodologies. You will need experience with QA processes and best practices, advocating the purpose of these methods to development partners.
Good English language skills are necessary to communicate with the team and improve knowledge sharing both internally and outside the studio.
- Determine and maintain the test strategy for owned features/systems, ensuring accurate reporting of status and risk.
- Represent QA within the development team; be visible, vocal and integrated.
- Participate in daily development stand-ups and share updates with the wider QA team
- You will develop an intimate understanding of the systems and their associated requirements, maintaining them; share the details and updates with the wider QA team.
- Perform design testing reviews, ensuring the design is captured and identifying bugs and user improving concerns before they make it into software.
- Work with remote teams to ensure high-quality service delivery for your area(s) of ownership.
- You will lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective, gathering feedback from the entire team and providing the dev team with applicable analysis of the results.
- You will improve the qualitative feedback across the team, advocating for best practices.
- Support studio wide playtest process, aligning aims and goals and ensuring capture of the feedback and bugs from all parties.
- Primary QA support for user experience feedback.
- Use development tools to guide issue identification upstream and promote defect prevention.
- Identify high value automation and telemetry requirements for features/systems in their ownership area.
- Interpret data from numerous sources to produce clear, relevant information, informing decisions to improve product quality and QV service delivery.
- A passion for quality and game design.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Previous game or software development QA experience; 3+ years experience.
- Knowledge of gaming consoles and their systems.
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Strong understanding of microtransactions and gaming economy is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Quality Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 18:52:14.88
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.