Strategic Project Manager
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169443
Position Title: Program Manager
Strategic Project Manager
Strategic Business Execution Partner (BEP) for CEE
Strategic Business Execution Partner, EA Worldwide Customer Experience
#WeAreEA and we exist to inspire the world to play. EA values creativity, pioneering, passion, determination, learning, and teamwork. We mean things like acting with curiosity, speaking up with original ideas, and committing to each other as one team.
We're looking for all the best kinds of people to make great experiences for our players. Our people want a job that inspires them while giving them room to enjoy their lives. And we want to give them that. We celebrate diversity and inclusion by creating a place where you can come to work and be yourself.
And we want you to join us! We're hiring a Strategic Business Execution Partner. You will be a part of EA's Customer Experience organization. We exist to help the world play and we're on a mission to make EA known for taking care of its players. You'll be on the Business Execution team and will be totally focused on supporting the Communications and Employee Enablement organization.
The Strategic Business Execution Partner helps manage the business and operations of the CEE team by organizing intake and paths, doing air traffic control for projects, and keeping us on track to achieve important milestones.
The Strategic Business Execution Partner will:
- Manage large scale cross-CEE projects
- Negotiate priority/resource tradeoffs when priority topics take more time than planned
- Ensure requests (ex: resolution tasks) get prioritized, included into project plans, and project managed through appropriate CEE flow to maximize resource utilization
- Conduct weekly stand ups to track progress towards 1-2 year pillars and annual goals
- Unify measurement from enablement teams and facilitating the creation of a story around it/understanding across team
- Identify gaps in business processes and collaboratively guide resolution
- Track team goals and concurrent work
- Mentor CEE team members on project management best practices
- Develop and maintain project plans
- Work as a bridge between Resource Management and CEE to ensure all work is being dynamically prioritized and moved through the team in the right sequence
- Estimate future CEE resource management needs based on demand projections and plan
- Manage work to support CEE (ex: Insights requests)
- Develop a system to prioritize work using both hierarchical and allocation prioritization
- Lead data gathering and project to correlate CEE measurement to advisor Indicators
- Communicate project status reports to CEE management
- Lead project retrospectives
A successful Strategic Business Execution Partner understands:
- Customer service/contact center operations
- Customer service rep enablement
- Project or product life cycles
- PMO standards
- How to build a business case with data
- Resource management
- Different approaches to project prioritization
- Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Risk and dependency tracking and mitigation
- PPM tools and their implementation in our environment (we use Hive)
- Work well with others
- Manage many moving parts
- Communicate clearly and kindly about tough tradeoffs
- Get people to a win-win solution
- Scope and propose the work needed for new engagements
- Identify the source of confusion and recommend process improvements
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Be comfortable with changing business models and organizational structures
- 7+ years project management experience, with preference given to PMP certified candidates
- Bachelor's degree: technical or engineering background
- Mastery of Confluence, Jaas, and PPM software, such as Hive
- Manage multiple concurrent projects
You'll love your job THE MOST if you:
- want to make people's work life better
- like to share information in a way that their audience can easily understand it
- Excel in an environment with frequent updates (or curveballs, because what company doesn't throw a few of those?)
- are positive, empathetic, and respectful; we could call your co-workers and they'd tell us how great it is working with you
- like talking to people and collaborate
You might feel pretty bummed about this job if you:
- want to focus on one project at a time
- work best in a structured workplace where you get formal tasks or tickets
- aren't energized and fueled by building relationships
- get easily discouraged by negative feedback
- are okay with "good" or "what I did last time"
- like working on your own rather than talking to other people, at all levels, about a challenge and how to tackle it
- think your idea, or your first idea, is the best idea
A few last things about how we work, because they're super important:
- We chat to each other in Slack
- We email each other about things that can wait, are just FYI, or need review
- We store all documents and runbooks and how-to's
- We manage our projects, 1:1s, and to-do's in Hive
- We use Confluence for our team webpage (so other people know what we do and how to get in touch with us)
- We ask for a peer edit for copy and design if we're creating a communication for more than 5 people (or if you've just been looking at the page too long and you need another set of eyes)
- We leave track changes turned on when we send docs to others for a review
Community / Marketing Title: Strategic Project Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 16:10:18.78
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.