Senior Development Director
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai, China
Requisition Number: 169436
Position Title: Sr DD
EA Create is looking for a Senior Development Director to lead our Shanghai location. The Senior Development Director will report to the Director of Product Development of Create and partner with Creative and Technical Directors to promote the vision and operational strategy of the Shanghai team. EA Create Shanghai is a highly engaged content creation team within EA Studios. We are driven and focused on high-end visual production across multiple genres and art styles while balancing high volumes of quality work. Working with our game team partners around the world, we share a unified passion for creating amazing experiences and industry-leading visuals. We are courageous, and we take chances.
What the Senior Development Director will do:
- Oversee operations and team leadership of the EA Create Shanghai team, both daily production execution and long-term strategic vision for the team.
- Partner closely with Create organization Creative and Technical Directors to ensure team roles, organizational structure, processes and best practices, support our team's ability to produce high-quality, scalable art and audio to EA Studios roster of AAA projects.
- Manage staff career development and performance, in partnership with Dept Development Directors, Creative & Technical Directors, to help the team to perform at highest potential and provide excellent quality art and audio. Oversee team development strategies across the department including training, mentoring, performance feedback and career growth, team health management, and team intercommunications.
- Promote a focus on ensuring a respectful workplace, inclusion, equity and diversity as team culture pillars.
- In partnership with Art Director & Technical Art Director, develops resolutions to production challenges, long-term growth strategy for the department, appropriate resource mix and distributed development strategy for team, and manages partner team relationships and communications. Also manage new partner engagements and business growth for the domains.
- Manage overall project reporting, risk management, issue resolution and capacity balancing across titles and departments. Manage production escalations to maintain team and production stability and establish relationships to support results.
- Manage financial management of the department, including total operational expenses and forecasting, development chargeback reconciliation, and year over year budgeting, in partnership with EA Finance and Director of Product Development.
- Build resource scalability strategy for scope including long range planning for internal development and outsourcing strategy, in partnership with Create's Resource Management Office and the External Development Team.
- Maintain knowledge of the crafts of 3D art, animation, and audio and anticipate the evolution of our business and design operations to grow to the future potential of the industry. Facilitate building a team of passionate creators and help the team to excel. Represent EA Create Shanghai, Create, and EA with pride and enthusiasm.
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of operations and leadership experience with the ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- You have experience managing large teams and scalability. Have experience tracking projects from concept and previz phase through to final delivery, and new ideas and budget and schedule compliance.
- You will have in-depth knowledge of project operations acquired from 5+ years' experience in project management on AAA game franchises or similar software development projects.
- Excellent written and verbal skills including empathy, self-awareness, and conflict resolution. Must be able to communicate in Mandarin and English fluently.
- You will work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors and sensitivity to development timelines.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Development Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 02:19:46.823
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.