Development Director - BioWare
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Requisition Number: 169420
Position Title: DD I
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
What the Development Director will do at BioWare, on Star Wars: The Old Republic:
As a Development Director on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, you'll run planning on a development team with multiple external partners to ship narrative and content updates for ongoing live service. This is a leadership role that involves regular interaction with team members, project leadership, central EA departments, and external development partners. Working with the Senior Development Director, you'll guide the team to meet milestones and quality targets through all phases of development.
- Develop project schedules that maximize feature quality and scope within resource, financial, and licensor constraints.
- Form close working relationships with our discipline leads, individual contributors, and our project and studio leadership.
- Support our teams in meeting their sprint goals and ensure that tasks are tracked.
- In partnership with our project leadership, balance trade-offs between scope, resources, and time to reduce project risk and provide updates that meet the quality expectations of a BioWare game.
- Foster and maintain relationships with essential partners (e.g. licensor, certain EA centralized groups) and guide the work required from them to publish each update.
- Keep our development team and external partners informed of project goals, schedule, and deliverables.
- Administer and refine project processes. Identify opportunities for improvement, find creative solutions based on current standards in project management and the industry, and implement solutions with our team.
- You will report to the Senior Development Director.
- Several years of game development production experience, with 2+ years supporting large cross-discipline teams.
- A foundation in project management methodologies and process frameworks (e.g. Agile, Waterfall, Scrum).
- Experience with industry project management and development tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, Perforce).
- Comfortable modeling, analyzing, and visualizing data to be understood by any audience.
- Full-cycle game development experience focused on narrative and content, especially on a live service title.
- Experience using game engine tools and version control software.
- Experience using a scripting language to speed up or automate tasks.
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director - BioWare
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Date Opened: 2021-10-20 21:19:27.143
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。