Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Los Angeles, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169366
Position Title: Art Director
Respawn Entertainment is a AAA video game development studio that aspires to create new hit games that leave a lasting impact for gamers worldwide. Our work includes the critically acclaimed multi-platform games Apex Legends and Titanfall franchise. We developed the Star Wars™ action-adventure game Jedi: Fallen Order and virtual reality game Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond, and we are continuing development for our live free-to-play game, Apex Legends.
You can learn more about our studio and values at respawn.com/studio.
We are looking for an accomplished Art Director to drive art quality and ensure visual alignment from our external partners and to lead and mentor our team of outsource art leads and artists across projects throughout the studio. Reporting to Respawn's Director of Outsourcing, as Outsourcing AD you will work closely with internal art directors and art leads throughout Respawn to develop and employ efficient working practices ensuring that all externally authored art content meets the high visual quality. Additionally, you will evangelize the studio art culture and help foster a collaborative environment where our internal OS art department and our external partners feel empowered to perform to the best of their ability.
What you will do...
- Contribute to art direction and able to art direct execution of external content
- Overseeing the quality control of incoming assets and the process of feedback and approval for external content
- Managing performance issues and provide guidance to external partners
- Overseeing external art training and documentation
- Working with the Studio OS Art Director and Manager of External Development on addressing vendor gaps, quality issues, scheduling or changes in scope
- Coordinating creation of benchmark assets and creation of art briefs
- Defining Project level Art Production strategy and assist in scheduling
- Leading internal OS training
- Defining and documenting OS best practices
- Leading and career managing the OS Artists
- Coordinate vendor communication to internal team
- Gather references and assist in the look development process
- Identify new partners and help manage vendor testing
- Define new areas that will require benchmark assets
- Develop vendor training packages
- Able to produce quick rough production concept art or paintovers if necessary
Ideally, you will have...
- Over 5 years of experience in a Lead and/or Art Director role
- Over 5 years of experience working with external partnerships
- Able to advise on External Art team structure internally and externally
- Considers the big picture, all options, and evaluates pros and cons
- Demonstrates ability to analyze risks and provide solutions that consider all project constraints
- Able to make effective decisions, communicate and advise, at all levels across disciplines
- Able to effectively evaluate candidates, interview, and advise on hiring
- Effectively evaluate partner strengths and weaknesses and advise on new external partnerships
If this opportunity sounds like a great fit for you, please submit your resume and we will get back to you once we have reviewed.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth which come with being a member of our team, working at Respawn has many other perks and benefits! Learn more at respawn.com/perks.
Community / Marketing Title: Art Director
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 16:19:21.7
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.