Associate Character Artist - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169342
Position Title: Associate Character Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
The character artist is a role in top-tier video game creation. In the context of our games, they will create a cast of characters that populate the game universe. Our character artists are dynamic and efficient modelers with sculpting and texturing skills – able to create outstanding content with an imagination that is always in motion. We create amazing character models based on scan data or photo references.
- 3D Character work experience in film or games.
- Skills in more than one discipline such as illustration, animation, VFX, rigging, or technical art.
- Create solid wardrobe or uniform pieces
- Experience using cloth simulation.
- Experience with Substance Painter or Substance Designer.
- Love and passion for video games.
- 3+ years of experience in video games. Film and television experience would also be considered.
- Expert in high-fidelity 3D modeling/sculpting techniques, along with high-poly to low-poly surface/detail baking
- Understanding of anatomy skills and able to hit likeness from scratch or scanned data.
- Visualize in three-dimensions and work from limited reference material/concept art
- Experienced in Maya, Z-Brush, and Photoshop
- Understand Physically Based Rendering texture and material workflows.
- Understand modeling game topology with rigging and animation in mind.
- Ramp quickly with proprietary tools and software
- Efficient in use of UV layout, and ability to edit for highest visual payoff
- Passion for improving pipelines and artist workflows.
- Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- Photo-real character modeling and texturing – hair, clothing, anatomy, likeness, etc. showing UV layout and all maps
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Character Artist - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-26 15:24:07.043
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.