Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169331
Position Title: Software Engineer III
Empowering players to create is an exciting future for the gaming industry. At Electronic Arts we have many examples of players creating content, whether it be a skateboard park in Skate or fantastical mansions in the Sims 4. The future definitely has our players being more empowered to create with their imagination being the only limit.
To enable more players to become creators, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer that will shape the technology that powers creation. If you have experience with building services for user generated content through modern techniques connecting multiple services together we want to hear from you.
You will work with an experienced team that has collectively built and worked on games and backend services for more than two decades. You will work with multiple developers to bring the next game services to life.
We strive to stay relevant and innovate in our development approaches as well as with our services. Many of our software engineers are “polyglots” and strive in multiple environments.
- Work in partnership with game teams to design shared services
- Develop, launch and maintain high-traffic services for multi-platform AAA titles
- Perform service load testing to identify and resolve bottlenecks
- Work closely with the engineering and DevOps teams on best practices
- Research and integrate new technologies
- Be accountable for the overall health, quality, maintainability and style of the server codebase
- A minimum of 6+ years of technology industry experience
- BS in Computer Science or other relevant experience
- Strong experience with client/server architecture
- Knowledge of HTTP and how to design and interact with RESTful web services
- Expert ability to analyze and interpret technical data
- Expert understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
- Significant development experience with either Kotlin, Java, Go, Node.js
- Experience with source code management (Perforce, Git)
- Effective with public Cloud providers (AWS, GCE, Azure)
- Understanding containers, orchestrators and service mesh technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Envoy, Istio, Linkerd, Jaeger)
- Understanding of various database and their performance characteristics (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience working with CI/CD technologies
- Passion to investigate and adopt new technologies and practices
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience shipping AAA games
- Experience working with PlayStation and Xbox online systems
- Experience with and/or exposure to micro-services
- Experience with and/or with cloud native application development
- Knowledge of gRPC, Protocol buffers and FlatBuffers
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer
Electronic Arts Inc. to światowy lider w dziedzinie produkcji interaktywnego oprogramowania rozrywkowego. EA oferuje gry, treści i usługi internetowe dla podłączonych do internetu konsol, komputerów osobistych, telefonów komórkowych i tabletów.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-18 19:28:09.013
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA jest pracodawcą realizującym politykę równych szans w zatrudnieniu. Wszystkie decyzje dotyczące pracowników są podejmowane bez względu na: rasę, kolor skóry, przynależność etniczną, kraj pochodzenia, płeć, tożsamość płciową, orientację seksualną, wiek, informację genetyczną, wyznanie, niepełnosprawność, stan zdrowia, stan cywilny lub rodzinny, status kombatanta. EA dostosowuje miejsca pracy dla niepełnosprawnych pracowników lub kandydatów zgodnie z obowiązującym prawem.