Senior Manager, Employee Communications
Multiple Locations: Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Lyon, Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France • United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 169330
Position Title: Sr Manager, Communications
At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We thrive on passion, teamwork and pioneering. It’s the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
We’re looking for an experienced communications professional to take responsibility for driving forward our employee and change management communications, outside of the Americas. Reporting to the Head of International Communications, you will also work closely with colleagues across the world to deliver cohesive global communications that resonate with our local employees.
You will be the main point of contact for employee communications in all markets outside the US and Canada, supporting the development and execution of internal communications programs across these territories, covering topics such as mergers and acquisitions, change management and return to work communications.
Working closely with the corporate communications team, HR team and all relevant other teams, you will craft materials where appropriate and ensure the safe filling of all statements for future reference.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Local leadership, Operations, Legal and People Experience across Europe, LATAM and APAC to provide communications guidance and strategy for any internal and employee communications.
- Work with employee comms team in the US and Canada to ensure global alignment of communications.
- Support Return to Work communications outside of the US and Canada, working with local teams to ensure regional resonance of global strategies.
- Draft messaging, internal memos and external communications working closely with the wider Corp Comms team.
- Lead communications activities outside the Americas for key mergers and acquisitions.
- Ensure our tone of voice and values are reflected in all related communications.
- Manage agency partners where required on internal communications activities.
- Drive our change management and employee communications strategies acting as a primary point of contact for leadership and People Experience
- Advise on appropriate communications channels
Experience and Skills
- 5+ years of experience in internal communications, employee communications, change management
- Demonstrable experience of managing employee communications programs across multiple markets
- Strong skills in communications and message development with robust experience in internal issues management
- Experience developing multi-channel employee communications programs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously while working across time zones
- Proven ability to think ahead, problem solve, engage proactively and take initiative.
- Strong process-minded planner who can determine deadlines, logistics and operational plans for multi-dimensional programs and events across the region.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships with a diverse range of partners.
- Must be passionate about employee communications and their impact on individuals and organisations.
- Must be a strategic thinker with experience in conceiving and leveraging relationships.
- Demonstrated strength in managing and motivating agency networks.
- Experience in a gaming organisation and / or personal interest in gaming is desirable but not essential.
- Strong writing capabilities and an attention to detail essential.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Manager, Employee Communications
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-19 22:48:08.51
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.