C++ Software Engineer - Generalist - College Football
Location: Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 169318
Position Title: Software Engineer I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
The C++ Engineer will be a part of the game creation process, including architectural design, implementation, and debugging on multiple platforms—working on complex problems with Designers, Artists and other Engineers in domains including rendering, gameplay, audio, user interface, online, physics, databases and tools. You will report to the team's manager and work with your peers to develop the game.
- You will work on technical solutions covering main aspects of game-development covering main areas of game development technologies, game features and optimizations of frame-rate and load-times.
- You will work with other domain owners to integrate and develop technologies into the game
- You will analyze impact to above mentioned metrics throughout the development cycle.
- You will provide feedback, guidance and solutions for improvement and optimizations.
- You will report to the development manager and work with your peers to develop the FIFA's foundation layer.
- C++ proficiency.
- 2+ years of experience in C++ software development.
- Proficiency in integrating and maintaining large-scale systems covering multiple domains.
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and run-time optimization.
- Knowledge of assembler, scripting languages (Python, Lua) and C#.
- Experience with 3rd party APIs.
- Skills debugging complex applications.
- Knowledge of job-based architectures might come in handy.
- Strong understanding of geometry, linear algebra, calculus, and physics as they pertain to transformations and motions in 3D space
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent training and professional experience.
- Experience with any of these beneficial, but not required: XBOX and PlayStation platforms; Mobile, PC, or Cloud-based games; graphics libraries such as DirectX, OpenGL, or Metal; static and performance
Community / Marketing Title: C++ Software Engineer - Generalist - College Football
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-19 12:43:14.72
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.