UI Artist - FIFA Tempororay
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169309
Position Title: Artist
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connecting millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. EA Mobile is dedicated to creating high-quality mobile games connected to some of the world's biggest gaming franchises, including FIFA Mobile and Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.
Adrenaline is the newly formed EA Mobile studio responsible for the development and worldwide live operations of FIFA Mobile. The Adrenaline team is founded on passion, innovation, and creativity with a mission to provide immersive sports gaming experiences built for mobile devices and played by millions of gamers around the world. Adrenaline is powered by global talent and looking for passionate and creative new team members to design the future of mobile gaming.
Do you love sports and wish you had the opportunity to make sports games on mobile look great for everyone to experience? We are looking for a Live Content Artist to join an established team of FIFA mobile. This candidate will work directly with artists, game designers, and engineers to translate high-level product requirements into beautiful visual designs.
- Work independently and collaboratively with team members to create new, and modify existing, 2D art for interfaces and promotional assets
- Creation of/contribution to game assets and promotional materials for use on various mobile platforms.
- Create static and animated 2D art assets from full-screen layouts to icons.
- Understanding and interpreting brand-related feedback, while documenting and learning from it.
- Accurately estimate work while making smart trades between quality and pace.
- Understand how the EA audience interacts with its games/services and make use of this knowledge in the development of exceptional art content.
- Artists will often be paired with more senior or junior artists and must therefore be able to give, as well as take art direction.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices to ensure EA branded games are of high quality and competitive.
- Professional experience with Adobe Products with a strong understanding of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to animate UI elements and art assets in Adobe AfterEffects
- Some Unity knowledge for animation and particle systems
- Some ability to model in 3D, and understand the concept of textures, particles, and shaders
- Excellent conceptual, illustration, and graphic design skills (icon creation and layout skills)
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to effectively analyze project requirements
- Technical aptitude and a cooperative/collaborative approach to teamwork
- Able to meet deadlines and work in an iterative and Agile production process
- Ability to take and apply constructive criticism
- Game production experience on Social and Mobile platforms
- Strong learning and communication ability
Nice to Have:
- Working knowledge of opportunities and constraints of current and new UI languages, console platforms, and other technologies as they pertain to visual design.
- Comfortable learning proprietary tools to build the game software.
Community / Marketing Title: UI Artist - FIFA Tempororay
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-18 23:37:01.327
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.