Sr. Concept Artist
Location: Pasadena, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169307
Position Title: Senior Concept Artist
The Concept Artist visualizes environments, characters, vehicles, color schemes and the overall mood and feel of the game. You should be comfortable creating rough sketches and happy to talk about the ideas in them. Also, you should be able to create industry leading final illustrations.
The images you create should inspire the team, help them visualize ideas, and provide direction.
- Produce a broad spectrum of concept work needed in a studio. Everything from quick thumbnails through to final illustrations and renders.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, Production Teams, Concept Artists and Content Leads.
- Create high quality concept art that communicates style, mood, and tone of a world.
- Inspire and motivate a team through images
- Understand high level art style goals. Develop and iterate on a style that accomplishes these goals.
- Industrial design of unique vehicles, weapons and items
- Excellent understanding of design for environments and characters
- Must have a passion for videogame creation and understand the challenges of creating great art in this environment.
- Strong traditional art skills
- Excellent, industry-leading understanding of color theory, value structure, and lighting fundamentals with an application to both character and environment concept art.
- Proven ability to create final concept art images.
- 3+ years in game or film industry
- A passion for the challenges of creating great art in a fast-paced environment.
- A strong understanding of industrial design describing function and form
- Ability to understand, match, and create varied styles.
- A strong eye for composition
- A good grasp of concept development and the iterative design process
- Ability use 3D authoring software for shape/lighting reference is a plus
- An avid gamer is a plus
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Concept Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-21 04:00:51.94
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.