Associate Technical Artist
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
Requisition Number: 169299
Position Title: Associate Technical Artist
Associate Technical Artist
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio and technology to life. Our teams are comprised of artists, engineers, technicians, designers and development directors worldwide. We combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion.
The Technical Art team combines creativity and imagination with technical expertise. They are the bridge between artists, engineers and designers responsible for data design and art production workflows.
Role Overview: Technical Artists are the bridge between art and programming departments, and have the capability to understand the nuances of art creation and technical code. They demonstrate technical proficiency in basic 3D concepts and have experience in both art and programming. As a Technical Artist, you will be an individual contributor on a central art team supporting the technical delivery of art on EA SPORTS titles across a distributed production environment.
NOTE: Portfolio Required (details below)
- Work alongside peers on Tech Art team and with Tech Art Director to support game and studio vision, reach consensus, provide/receive feedback, innovate, and cultivate ideas, with the goal of creating performant assets of high visual quality and technologies that move EA into the future.
- Collaborate and communicate with content creators using a service-minded attitude, seeking to understand issues and/or requirements and offer support (via time, training, documentation, or other forms) as necessary.
- Assess, design, implement, and maintain art creation pipelines/workflows that meet (or anticipate) artist needs and effectively drive productivity for content creators across multiple sports titles.
- Exhibit a commitment to continuously learning and familiarizing oneself with various technologies, technical concepts, ideas, and problems.
- Approach tasks in a timely, organized, and meticulous manner, self-prioritizing as required and communicating status and results to stakeholders as appropriate.
- 2+ years of experience in a game production environment.
- Knowledge of 2D and 3D art packages (Maya and Photoshop desired, Houdini a plus) and experience in scripting and programming (Python and C# desired).
- Intermediate understanding of (and technical proficiency in) fundamental 3D concepts such as modeling, texturing, rendering, shading, lighting, rigging, skinning, dynamics, particle systems, and image manipulation techniques.
- Familiarity with game engine workflows, asset requirements, performance budgets and profiling, build systems, asset conditioning/export pipelines, and revision control systems.
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills. Candidates must be able to quickly identify and resolve art issues and demonstrate versatility.
It is required that you submit a portfolio/presentation of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio or attaching documents to your resume. Include detailed breakdowns of your work and be clear about which elements you personally created.
Please include as many examples of the following as you can:
- Tools and pipeline work. Provide script and code samples. For example: exhibit how you took a problem, went about solving it, and show the result as part of a video capture or a series of screenshots. Include any relevant code.
- Examples of 3D graphics in areas such as modeling, animation, lighting, visual effects, and shading.
- Any art (traditional or digital media) that you have personally created.
Due to the volume of applications we receive for our job postings, we are unable to respond personally to phone or email inquiries regarding the status of an application. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Technical Artist
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-18 16:11:38.47
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.