Senior Game Product Manager
Multiple Locations: United Kingdom • Madrid, Community of Madrid, Spain • Guildford, England, United Kingdom • Helsinki, Finland • Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden • Sweden • Germany • Spain
Requisition Number: 169283
Position Title: Sr Game PM I
Senior Game Product Manager – The Sims
Location: Any EA European Locations - Remote Opportunity
At Maxis, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It's the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. It's not just about amazing your peers – it's about amazing yourself and our fans. Take risks. Work dare to dream big and together, we can change the way millions play every day.
As a Product Manager on The Sims, you will work with a large but tight-knit team of enthusiastic industry craftspeople from all walks of life. You will summarize insights from market trends, UX research, and player telemetry to develop insights and identify product opportunities. You will then partner with the design, production, and marketing teams to shape these insights into product solutions that meet and exceed goals. You will report to the Lead Producer for the Sims development in Europe.
- Research trends in our game regarding player behaviour, ask thought-provoking questions, and identify opportunities to level up our own products and influence the product roadmap.
- Ensure that the game systems are built and optimized for acquisition, depth of monetization and sustained engagement.
- Work with partners to set goals and important results, partnering with producers and analysts to improve the experimentation roadmap and validation of the critical business questions.
- Be the genre expert – build an understanding within the game team about competing titles, best in class mechanics and important product trends.
- Develop and test hypotheses to improve all game KPIs. Turn data into insights and make recommendations for the game team to improve our games.
- Work with the game design and analytics team to define and implement telemetry/tracking events, reporting and data visualization tools.
- Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, including good use of insights to vet product ideas.
- Continuous learning and improving our understanding of how successful games work.
- Experience with data driven decision-making processes.
- Strong team communicator with an ability to unite subject experts to take on complex problems.
- Great attention to detail coupled with the ability to see the bigger picture and prioritize competing needs versus deadlines.
- Understanding of business modelling.
- Experience working with SQL and R or other statistical tools are an asset.
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g. Mathematics / Statistics / Economics / Finance / Engineering / Computer Science.
- Passion for games, especially Life Simulation games.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Product Manager
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-18 17:43:34.38
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.