Location: Madrid, Spain
Requisition Number: 169227
Position Title: DD I
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs, and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sport through industry-leading sports video games, including Madden NFL football, FIFA soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, and EA SPORTS UFC.
Reporting to a Senior Development Director, a Development Director manages a variety of disciplines including artists, designers, software engineers, QA, and other production staff. DD's are the keepers of the project schedule and play an important role in successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the next while ensuring a focus on quality, collaboration and communication. You will partner with producers to ensure that they are managing the project on time, to quality, and within budget.
- Build and evolve effective teams; identify resourcing needs, provide challenges and development opportunities to ensure that all employees reach their potential
- You will build working relationships with the immediate team, and those outside of the immediate team that have an effect on project completion
- Provide line management to employees across departments and within a single project team
- You will communicate regularly with the project team and coordinate dependencies with external partners
- Participate in the hiring process to ensure candidates meet project requirements
- You will establish and assign tasks from defined project goals; achieve project deliverables through managing a team at a project-level (e.g. Franchise-wide level)
- You will proactively mitigate risk for assigned scope and quality
- Establish an overall project schedule based on the individual task estimates for production and determine the resource requirements to meet the task requirements
- Establish a project budget, determine task dependencies, and assign tasks to team resources
- Minimum of 8 years project management or team leadership experience, with 4+ years of management experience working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- University degree, Bachelors, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience communicating across all levels and organizations
- Experience in project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director
We are a global team of creators, storytellers, technologists, experience originators, innovators and so much more. We believe amazing games and experiences start with teams as diverse as the players and communities we serve. At Electronic Arts, the only limit is your imagination.
About Electronic Arts
Everything we do is designed to inspire the world to play. Through our cutting-edge games, innovative services, and powerful technologies, we bring worlds with infinite possibilities to millions of players and fans around the globe.
We’re looking for collaborative and inclusive people with diverse perspectives who will enrich our culture and challenge us. We take a holistic approach with our benefits program, focusing on physical, emotional, financial, career, and community wellness to support our people through every chapter of life. Our goal is to provide a safe and respectful workplace that empowers you to thrive in both work and life.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Days Open: 111
Can this position be remote?: 0
EEO Employer Verbiage:
About Electronic Arts
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.