Development Manager - QV
Location: Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
Requisition Number: 169199
Position Title: DM
Project & People Manager - QV
As part of the Development Technology and Services (DTS) team, we are powering EA studios to create even greater player experiences. We help shape the future from the way games are created, to how they are played and viewed.
We are a global team and also the largest studio within EA! DTS proudly consists of the following teams: Engineering Services (ES), Studios Data Insights, and Quality, Verification, and Standards.
Join us for a fulfilling career while defining the future of interactive entertainment.
The Project & People Manager in the QA studio provides specialized testing services for a single project or across a series of projects (software applications), within a team distributed across multiple locations. You will revolve around managing a series of software testing processes to achieve the highest levels of quality on the product. You will report to the Development Director - QV of the project.
You will have to align with the leadership and representatives of other centralized services and you will collaborate laterally to promote best practices and new ideas to ensure company business goals are met in the most efficient ways possible.
- You will communicate within project and external groups: adapt content and detail to match audience, collaborate outside of project team to share best practices, communicate with and on behalf of the QA project team.
- Adopt existing methodologies, determine and roll out new ones according to the project needs
- Identify process improvements: evolve and improve project-wide processes under your area of influence
- Manage the planning, execution and reporting processes of QA testing activities across their project(s)
- Develop standards, goals, procedures, training manuals and other documentation for project or internal use
- Design test strategies using a variety of techniques and technologies: select the appropriate methods based on defined goals including cost, efficiency and balancing available resources, use information and business systems to support planning and tracking of activities.
- You will get directly involved in recruiting and onboarding the team members,
- Schedule the activities of the team, including the vacation planning and other free days.
- Coordinate the work volume and assign activity to each member of the team, so that they complete their work tasks in time and in a thoughtful way
- Manage the professional development process of the your team, together with the People Experience Department, identifies the actual talent, but also the development possibilities of each member of their team;
- 2+ years Project Management experience (PMP certification is nice to have)
- 1+ years People Management experience
- Experience with Software Development Life-Cycle or testing processes (ISTQB is nice to have)
Community / Marketing Title: Development Manager - QV
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-14 14:20:26.41
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.