Accountant II, Controllership
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Requisition Number: 169196
Position Title: Accountant
Job Title: Accountant I
Experience: 3-4 years
Role: ON DIRECT CONTRACT WITH EA
We have an excellent opening at Electronic Arts (India) in General Ledger Accounting domain. The responsibility of General accounting function includes:
1. Preparation of accurate Balance Sheet reconciliations and posting journal entries on timely basis.
2. Fixed Assets accounting, VAT computation and MI reporting.
• Serves as the gatekeeper of our monthly account reconciliations and effectively highlights all related issues in reconciliation.
• Thorough knowledge of Balance sheet items/ Income statement line items.
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) in preparation of Bank reconciliations.
• Expert level knowledge in preparation of Accrual and prepaid Journal Entries, in compliance with the journal entry policy.
• Knowledge of Fixed assets accounting cycle (capitalization, depreciation accounting, disposals, retirement etc.).
• Working knowledge of VAT computation.
• Continuously evaluates, recommends, and implements changes to all processes impacting the GL to simplify while improving transparency.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Bachelor/Master degree in Commerce.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant business experience inclusive of 2-3 years post qualification experience.
• Advanced accounting and financial skills required.
• Hands on experience on Oracle R12 will be an added advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, problem solving and communication skills. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
• Customer focused.
Community / Marketing Title: Accountant II, Controllership
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-15 19:42:08.753
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.