Character Artist - Metalhead
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169168
Position Title: Character Artist 2
Character Artist - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
We’re expanding our in-house team so that we can build the next generation of our light-hearted, ultra-customizable athletes (and off-field characters!), both male and female. Our approach is modular and efficient but we also strive for a unique sense of character and charm. We’re looking for an individual that can help us with this vision, take ownership of a large amount of work that is often quite technical, and help us improve our processes and pipelines.
What you'll do:
- Build character bodies, heads and props.
- Plan common topologies, optimal unwraps, and identify ways that work can be shared across large pools of assets.
- Create models with topologies that are well suited to subdivision/sculpting but also to reduction into low-poly LODs.
- Create complex materials using masks and layers to facilitate deep character customization.
Qualities we're looking for:
- Able to work from hand-drawn concepts.
- Able to work within limitations, but with enthusiasm for improved workflows.
- Familiarity with Maya or 3ds Max or similar packages.
- Able to work through tasks independently.
Bonus points for…
- Substance Painter, Mudbox, or ZBrush experience.
- Rigging experience.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we’re always looking for:
- You love to consume art as much as you love to make it and you continually seek to hone your craft.
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you’re stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it’s time to get ‘er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It’s just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you’ve worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
- A sense of humor. At least enough that you can tolerate our dumb jokes.
*Please ensure that you include your portfolio with your application. Cover letters are also encouraged!
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-13 20:32:39.17
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。