Character Artist - Metalhead
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169168
Position Title: Character Artist 2
Character Artist - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The team at Metalhead comes from diverse backgrounds, unified by a passion to make original games. We've supported and inspired each other through the development and evolution of the Super Mega Baseball series and have built a fiercely loyal fanbase in the process. And we get to do it all from downtown Victoria. We're growing the studio and hope you'll consider joining us.
We’re expanding our in-house team so that we can build the next generation of our light-hearted, ultra-customizable athletes (and off-field characters!), both male and female. Our approach is modular and efficient but we also strive for a unique sense of character and charm. We’re looking for an individual that can help us with this vision, take ownership of a large amount of work that is often quite technical, and help us improve our processes and pipelines.
What you'll do:
- Build character bodies, heads and props.
- Plan common topologies, optimal unwraps, and identify ways that work can be shared across large pools of assets.
- Create models with topologies that are well suited to subdivision/sculpting but also to reduction into low-poly LODs.
- Create complex materials using masks and layers to facilitate deep character customization.
Qualities we're looking for:
- Able to work from hand-drawn concepts.
- Able to work within limitations, but with enthusiasm for improved workflows.
- Familiarity with Maya or 3ds Max or similar packages.
- Able to work through tasks independently.
Bonus points for…
- Substance Painter, Mudbox, or ZBrush experience.
- Rigging experience.
Regardless of your specialization, a few things we’re always looking for:
- You love to consume art as much as you love to make it and you continually seek to hone your craft.
- A sense of humility and ability to thrive in a team environment. You look for help when you’re stuck and you want to help your teammates when they need it.
- A knack for managing your time. You know when to go deeper on a task versus recognizing that it’s time to get ‘er done and move on to the next thing. Quality is important, but so is speed!
- A willingness to branch into areas outside your core expertise. It’s just a fact of life in a small studio as we adapt to the changing demands at each stage of a project.
- Drive to execute. Projects you’ve worked on in the past (personal or professional) got finished, and got finished properly… and it had a lot to do with you.
- A sense of humor. At least enough that you can tolerate our dumb jokes.
*Please ensure that you include your portfolio with your application. Cover letters are also encouraged!
Community / Marketing Title: Character Artist - Metalhead
Electronic Arts Inc.는 세계를 선도하는 인터랙티브 엔터테인먼트 소프트웨어 기업입니다. EA는 인터넷 콘솔, 개인용 컴퓨터, 휴대전화, 태블릿용 게임과 콘텐츠 및 온라인 서비스를 제공합니다.
EEOText: About EA We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers. We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more. Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game. Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-13 20:32:39.17
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA는 균등한 기회의 제공을 실천합니다. 모든 채용은 인종, 피부색, 출신 국가, 혈통, 생물학적/사회적 성별, 성 정체성 또는 표현, 성적 성향, 나이, 유전 정보, 종교, 장애 여부, 질병 유무, 임신 여부, 혼인 상태, 가족 상황, 군 복무 여부 등의 요인을 고려하지 않고 결정됩니다. EA는 관련 법률에서 명시하는 대로 업무 공간에 장애가 있는 입사 지원자 또는 예정자를 위한 시설을 마련해두고 있습니다.