Multiple Locations: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Austin, Texas, United States • Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Requisition Number: 169161
Position Title: Associate Game Designer
Technical Designer (Temporary)
At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Work under a Senior Technical Designer direction to create reusable content pieces used by our Design team to create mission content.
- Develop high-quality content experiences and tools for the design teams.
- Communicate requests and issues to the Technical Design team.
- Communicate with the Design team on best practices using Technical Design assets and their status.
- Work with all other departments on design needs with a focus on support with multiple programming, art, audio, and animation departments.
- Work with production on scheduling and identify dependencies.
- Work with other Technical Designers on best practices and training materials for the Design teams.
- You will report to the Principal Technical Designer.
- Some experience as a Technical Designer on game projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of design principles and the workflows needed to achieve them.
- Experience working with logic structures with a focus on reuse and modularity.
- Experience working with visual scripting languages such as Unreal Blueprint.
- Working knowledge of standard industry game engines and design toolsets.
- Experience with action and RPG gameplay mechanics.
- Some experience with a scripting language or coding language.
Community / Marketing Title: Technical Designer
Electronic Arts Inc.は、インタラクティブ・エンターテイメント・ソフトウェアの世界的大手企業です。 EAは、インターネットに接続されたコンソール、パソコン、携帯電話、タブレットに対してゲーム、コンテンツおよびオンラインサービスを提供しています。
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-13 17:07:49.523
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EAは雇用機会を均等に提供します。 雇用に関する決定を下す際は、人種、肌の色、国籍、出身国、出身民族、身体的性別、社会/文化/心理的性別、性別自認または性別表現、性的指向、年齢、遺伝情報、宗教、身体障害、病状、妊娠、婚姻状況、家族状況、軍役経験の有無は考慮されません。 さらにEAでは、身体に障害のある方々のために、適用法令によって定められた職場環境を整えることも行っています。