Senior Experience Designer – UX
Location: Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden
Requisition Number: 169142
Position Title: Sr Experience Designer
DICE (EA Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment), the award-winning studio based in Stockholm, Sweden, is best known for creating the phenomenally successful Battlefield franchise, the Star Wars: Battlefront franchise, and the very creative game Mirror's Edge.
We work through our 4 guiding values: Passion with Purpose, Creative Innovation, Everything Quality, and One Community. Our people are the backbone and driving force to our creative products. As such, we are dedicated to providing everyone the chance to express themselves and be their very best with a common cause.
We are looking for an Experience Designer to grow our team. You will report to the Studio Experience Design Director, collaborate with Game Designers, UI Scripters, UI Artists to make sure we create the best possible experience for our players.
- You will work with, and take direction from, the design director and lead experience designer to take important UX-heavy features from concept to completion on a large project
- Elicit requirements from stakeholders (Game Design and Franchise teams)
- Collaborate closely with other designers and engineers, to understand and define UX goals for both new and existing features
- Visualize design in concepts, wireframes and prototypes to communicate and test design concepts
- Work with our dedicated UX Research team to set up tests, interpret and Integrate results from usability testing and live game metrics to improve usability
- Participate in the critique of your work, and the work of others
- You will help our teams empathize with users and advocating for for usability and accessibility
- 5+ years of user centred design experience, UX designer, product designer, or interaction designer
- You have shipped a game; AAA development experience is a plus
- You will have demonstrated the ability to create detailed UI specifications, including interaction design; information architecture; important visual elements (although not a Visual Designer)
- Passion for games and user-centered design and a fascination for understanding how users experience a product
- You have created prototypes (low and hi fidelity) using standard prototyping tools (e.g. Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch etc)
- Technical skills & knowledge, and will be comfortable with getting into the game engine
Bonus Points: Visual, UX or Motion Design Experience, experience with Design Systems
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Experience Designer – UX
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-13 11:50:02.597
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.