Software Engineer Intern
Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Requisition Number: 169092
Position Title: Intern General
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together experienced people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. Come help us power the future of play.
About your future team.
Our organization provides central services that allow game teams to tap into the power of the global EA ecosystem. Compatible across multiple platforms and devices, our platform empowers teams to foster deeper, more meaningful relationships with our players. We are building scalable, distributed, real-time services that help creators to design, launch, and operate new and engaging connected player experiences. At our core, we are passionate about bringing people together, and helping game creators build living experiences for their players.
What you'll do.
As a Software Engineer Intern, your primary responsibility will be to contribute to the software, tools, and services that power EA's game server hosting platform. Working with your team lead, you will scope and estimate feature work, create and contribute features to the codebase, fix bugs, review others' code, and help ship incredible games.
What we're looking for.
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience programming in an OO language
- Experience designing and/or working with distributed systems
- Passion for solving hard problems with great people
- Excitement for working in the games industry
Bonus Experience Points.
- Server-side languages such as Go and Python
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Public cloud provider experience (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Full stack experience and familiarity with React
- Experience designing and developing multi-threaded software
- A paid internship
- Game credit perks
- Intern events to connect the EA community
We ask that you are legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis during the 12-week internship (June 21 - September 9). Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Community / Marketing Title: Software Engineer Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. 是全球领先的互动娱乐软件公司。 EA 提供适用于联网主机、个人电脑、手机和平板电脑的游戏、内容和在线服务。
EEOText: EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况、退伍军人身份或其他任何受法律保护的特征等因素的影响。 我们也会遵照相关法律，考虑雇佣带犯罪记录的合格申请者。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。
Days Open: 165
Can this position be remote?: 1
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA 是一个奉行机会均等的雇主。 所有招聘决定均不考虑种族、肤色、国籍、血统、生理性别、社会性别、性别认同或表达、性向、年龄、遗传信息、宗教信仰、残障状况、医疗状况、怀孕状况、婚姻状况、家庭状况或退伍军人身份等因素的影响。 EA 还会遵照相关法律，为符合条件的残障个体改善工作环境。