Development Director II - FIFA
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Requisition Number: 169070
Position Title: DD II
EA SPORTS is one of the most iconic brands in entertainment with over 25 years of innovation, passion, and connection of millions of players across the globe to their favorite sports, teams, and players. At the heart of EA SPORTS is the FIFA franchise. EA SPORTS FIFA is the world’s #1 best-selling video game with over 200M engaged players across multiple platforms, including console, PC, and mobile.
Innovation, passion, and team-work is at the heart of everything we do. With studios in Vancouver, Bucharest, and Cologne; we are looking for the brightest talent so we can continue to create experiences that connect with millions of hearts and minds the world over.
The FIFA team is searching for a Development Director II to manage the development of the most popular video games in the world. You are right for this role if you are passionate about solving difficult and fast-moving problems. You can effectively collaborate, communicate, and motivate often across business units and with peers or partners in other parts of the business. Your greatest strengths are building strong relationships, strategic thinking, and strong execution. You like to be challenged and thinking about the future excites you.
- Work with the project leadership team to establish the strategy to meet milestones and important deliverables
- Work with creative, development, and operations partners and stakeholders to ensure that quality, budgets and timelines are met.
- Support the growth and development of a thriving team culture based on openness, trust and collaboration
- Foster and support an inclusive and diverse team culture.
- Develop project indicators that track project quality, delivery, and predictability
- Be responsible for coaching, mentoring, and career development of your team. Lead project managers at all levels of the organization.
- Inspire fresh thinking and innovation to ensure the team has the best organizational structure, processes and practices that allow them to produce high quality work efficiently on time and on budget.
- Build an engaged group with an understanding of what inspires the individuals and team.
- Promote knowledge sharing, learning, reconciling conflicting goals, sharing resources amongst your team.
- Identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by a coordinated application of resources to minimize and manage risks.
- Experience with Project Management (8+ years) and People Management (4+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of software development, tools, and processes.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of highly critical projects.
- Significant project and risk management experience.
- Experience managing a large internal project (60+ team members) and/or multiple projects including project auditing and steering.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and possesses strong emotional intelligence skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills - able to work on complex problems where analysis of situations requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Jira Hansoft).
- Bachelor's degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Game Production/Development, Business Management, etc.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to challenge and influence a variety of stakeholders.
- Self-starter who builds trusted relationships, influences decisions and drives urgency on critical priorities
- Passionate, you care deeply about the creative process, your teams, and delivering the highest quality to our fans.
- Excellent change management skills, i.e., comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, yet able to set priorities and execute on commitments.
- Flexible and agile: ability to adapt quickly and be effective in new situations in a highly dynamic environment.
- Possess passion, energy, enthusiasm to drive results; highly action oriented.
- Effective communication skills, you are able to communicate through complex problems, and you builds trust easily and gets buy in from partners
- Effective communication skills; proven ability to influence outcomes across all levels of organization.
- Self-reflective- acknowledge own's experience and experiences of other.
- Strategic: able to think big picture and drive work accordingly
Community / Marketing Title: Development Director II - FIFA
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-14 22:01:38.757
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.