Location: Redwood City, California, United States
Requisition Number: 169058
Position Title: Senior Animator
Location: Redwood City, CA (Open to remote work for most US locations)
At Maxis we are all about outrageous thinking. It is the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We are great storytellers. It is not just about amazing your peers – it is about amazing yourself. Taking risks. Work with great minds. Dare to dream big. Together we change the way millions play every day.
As a Senior Animator, you will define, create, and iterate animation content based on the project needs through prototyping, aesthetic exploration and tool research (Maya, Unreal, and other tools/tech). You will support the foundational building and testing of the animation pipeline, while working closely with the Animation Director, Tech Animation Director and Motion Engineers. This is a highly collaborative position that involves innovative thinking, technical research, and unconventional animation challenges. You will report to the Development Director.
- Content creation
- Create, iterate, and drive animation content to support prototype goals, using Maya and Engine, that span the product needs
- Flexibly adapt and refine the project’s unique animation aesthetic while creating content that will serve as a benchmark to the animation style guide.
- Creatively approach content creation in innovative ways.
- You will need to estimate animation tasks appropriately and meet milestone deliverables.
- You will provide more junior animators feedback in aesthetics and implementation techniques to achieve higher level goals set by the Animation Director.
- Supporting Tech
- Test various versions of new rigs
- You will be a key stakeholder in evaluating and testing new tools, workflows and pipeline systems in Maya, Unreal, and other tools for future development.
- You will support Tech Animation and Tech Art across multiple prototypes, while targeting and advocating for the Animation vision.
- You will support peers in collaboration, feedback, and implementation to aid in a unified team deliverable
- Documentation / Communication
- Document R&D efforts relating to individual and more junior animators’ tasks.
- Establish and maintain clear communication across all discipline peers and management in regards to individual and team deliverables.
- Proactively provide constructive feedback to technical team members and relay necessary information to stakeholders.
- Concisely communicate and present work to members of the team at various levels.
- Ability to create and drive high quality ingame biped and quadruped animation content on a project.
- Experience owning features/leading systems from start to finish while driving animation implementation.
- Experience working in, designing, and hooking up state machine workflows .
- Experience troubleshooting animation issues in Maya and in Engine.
- Ability to collaborate and problem solve across various discipline peers (artistic and technical).
- Ability to test rigs, new animation workflows, and communicate feedback effectively.
- Knowledge in mo-cap is a plus.
- Knowledge in Unreal Engine is a plus.
- Ability to be organized and highly effective in documenting research, and presenting to peers and animators.
- Thrives in a pre-production environment with a research and development mentality.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Animator
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-09 02:58:12.85
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.