Chef d’Équipe Programmation Moteur / Lead Engine Programmer
Multiple Locations: Montreal, Quebec, Canada • Toronto, Ontario, Canada • Quebec, Canada
Requisition Number: 169034
Position Title: Sr Software Engineer I
"Motive" is the driving force within us that takes us from an idea to reality. Our studio provides a safe, trusting, and empowering environment for our game teams to unleash their creativity across massive brands. But we're not talking about the expected, the conventional, the cliché. We want none of that. Here, you will help make the extraordinary. You'll also help shape our culture. Here, everyone has a voice, everyone can be themselves, everyone is welcome.
As the Lead Engine Programmer, you will report to the Technical Project Director.
- Become an expert in EA's internal technology and contribute by writing and suggesting improvements at the game and engine level.
- Work with EA's internal shared technology groups. Develop runtime, pipeline, and tools code.
- Guide the implementation of new features and workflows for content creators.
- Optimize performance and memory usage.
- Create standard software development processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation, and testing.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members.
- Participate in higher level planning with project management and Technical Directors.
- Work with team members on performance reviews, mentorship, and regular feedback.
- You've found a taste to guide a team of experienced developers and have a vision of what you want to achieve and to how plan for success. You know how to strike a balance between being directive and being collaborative.
- 7+ years of professional programming experience.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and C#.
- Contributions to complex software, through high-quality shipped game titles.
- You have experience optimizing and debugging complex multi-threaded systems.
- Expert-level debugging skills.
- Experience managing other programmers.
- Your passionate about pushing the boundaries of what's been seen or done in the past and are looking for a place to bring to life some of your creative ideas.
Community / Marketing Title: Chef d’Équipe Programmation Moteur / Lead Engine Programmer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-08 13:42:43.897
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.