Senior Game Designer
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168989
Position Title: Game Designer II
Location: SF Bay Area | Open to remote work in most US and Canadian location
We're looking for a Senior Game Designer with strong creative and technical abilities. You will work with the design team to bring beloved Disney characters, events, and features to life through fun, creative sessions and advanced scripting capabilities. You have experience designing for titles in all stages of development, from prototyping, through production, to live operations.
Game Designer Responsibilities Include
- Work with Creative Director, Lead Game Designer, and Product Managers on game progression flow
- Conceptualize, implement, and balance game content through proprietary tools to support game progression flow
- Work (and collaborate) with other teams to develop content and features
- Serious passion for games and able to break down and explain their strengths and weaknesses
- Iterate and improve upon content and features
- Minimum 5 years game industry experience, and multiple shipped titles
- Experience with role playing game mechanics within mobile or other free-to-play spaces
- Experience with spreadsheet software (e.g. Excel, Google Sheets)
- Scripting of game content through popular languages (e.g. Lua, Python, TypeScript)
- Game Design degree or equivalent professional (or hobbyist) experience
- Experience with collectible card games (e.g. Magic the Gathering, Hearthstone, Pokemon, etc.)
- Experience with multiplayer online battle arena games (e.g. League of Legends, Dota2, Arena of Valor, etc.)
- Experience with massively multiplayer online games (e.g. World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Final Fantasy XIV, etc.)
- Experience working with licensed products
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Game Designer
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:22.84
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.