Manager, Software Engineering (Client)
Location: San Francisco, California, United States
Requisition Number: 168983
Position Title: Manager Engineering
CrowdStar is a Glu Mobile studio that is now part of the Electronic Arts family, and we believe that there is a huge opportunity in interactive entertainment products for women, and our goal is to build products which engage, enrich and empower them.
With our two top grossing titles, Covet Fashion and Design Home, CrowdStar has developed new ways for our players to enjoy fashion and interior design. Not only are we changing how women game, we're also changing how they discover and shop for everything from clothing to shoes, or furniture to home decor. As a team, we are passionate not only about creating fun and engaging games for women but enriching lives outside of the game.
We are looking for a Manager, Software Engineering to manage a team of Unity Developers working on the hit mobile game - Design Home. You will guide and develop the careers of a group of engineers. You will work with Production, Product Management, Content and Art teams to help plan, architect, oversee, and implement exciting new features. You will drive and mentor the engineering team through feature design, implementation, and debugging processes to achieve robust code consistently. You will collaborate on and promote a thriving company culture that features happy hours, social events, and game jams/hack-a-thons.
- Meet with client engineers to provide 1:1 career support.
- Work with your client engineering team to plan, architect, and help build large-scale game features.
- Lead and coach the engineering team in maintaining a robust roadmap guided by accurate, reliable task estimates. Make quick, reasonable estimates for new feature work, and propose alternatives to save on implementation time.
- Identify and improve the codebase through process.
- Contribute to Build, Embody, and uphold good production processes and coding practices.
- Mentor younger members of the team on architecture and good coding practices.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of recent Unity experience.
- 1+ years of professional experience managing software engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and drive growth opportunities for subordinates.
- Ability to architect elegant and efficient solutions to complex game features.
- Proactively bring architecture and performance improvements to legacy code both personally and through process.
- Can ship high quality, bug-free code under a deadline.
- Great working knowledge of OOP, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Knowledge of optimizing Unity for maximum performance.
- Knowledge of Unity's UGui UI system.
- Experience with full-stack development.
- Experience with native platform development.
- Experience with a scripting language like Python or NodeJS.
- Experience working on large teams with well established processes.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Software Engineering (Client)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and new parent leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2021-10-07 20:32:23.333
EEO Employer Verbiage:
We exist to inspire the world to play. Through innovative technology and immersive storytelling, we deliver new ways of experiencing worlds of interactive entertainment for our millions of players worldwide. Our strength lies in the diversity of our people, combining creativity, innovation and passion. We fully champion inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for growing, learning, and leading that allows for the most impactful and rewarding work of our teams’ careers.
We put our people first, and we make sure they’re taken care of both in and out of the office. As we reflect on our learnings and successes from remote work, we aim to provide dynamic, collaborative and flexible work environments for our teams. Our employees connect through our Employee Resource Groups, which are actively involved in driving business decisions every step of the way. But our support doesn’t end at the workplace—we also encourage a balanced lifestyle with paid time off and new parent leave, free video games, fitness reimbursement and more.
Our goal is to provide a safe, respectful and inspiring workplace for all of our employees. Through our diversity, equity, inclusion and social responsibility programs, we’re doing the work to give everyone the space to be their full selves while giving back to our community. We’re looking for problem-solvers, game-changers, innovators, dreamers, doers—people that are ready to move the needle and build on our success. As our industry accelerates, we aren’t just keeping up—we’re staying ahead of the game.
Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.